Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have played Stones too.
Hindsight though, after a performance where several City player were not ready to face a physical fight against a very strong home team,
I also admit Mangala could have been an alternative as CB together with Otamendi, who did ok.

Remember, Mangala has a great attitude in big games as far as I remember.
Some pace too, and maybe not worse than Stones under press was today.
But as I said, just hindsight.

So he has not come back from his injury in top form, up until the injury he was imperious at the back, give the fucking lad a break and stop being so reactionary, tbh I don't think he is fully fit but we needed him back and that plan hasn't worked, of course that may well be shit but it isn't as shit as you calling Stones out for Mangala lol

Indeed he was. A fuckin' Roman emperor at the back. He'll be back to his imperious best come Saturday! He was prone to errors at EFC and he's dropped a bollock or too in sky blue but once he gets his foot on the gas he's a stormer. I fancy him getting on the score sheet at weekend - and not past Ederson either!

In all likelihood it is looking like Mangala will play against Bristol , which will mean they will get at least a couple of chances ,he is just prone to falling on his arse in vital situations , hopefully Bristol will not have the talent to take advantage , and we will got through despite Mangala. Really hope he proves me wrong , and he is the man of the match , i would be the first in line for the humble pie.

See the anti Mangler brigade are out in full force today.
Give the guy a break , he is our fourth choice CB but gives of his best and has acquitted himself reasonably well in the games he has has been asked to stand in.
Yes he doesn't suit Pep's style and had a mare against Bristol but he has made less mistakes than Stones and Ederson in the last few games.
So,lay off the guy. We know he won't be here next season , so let's support him when we can.
We might need him between now and the end of the season.

In all likelihood it is looking like Mangala will play against Bristol , which will mean they will get at least a couple of chances ,he is just prone to falling on his arse in vital situations , hopefully Bristol will not have the talent to take advantage , and we will got through despite Mangala. Really hope he proves me wrong , and he is the man of the match , i would be the first in line for the humble pie.
you do realise that the player you called `error prone at vital times`has the highest clean sheets ratio, I know he looks ungainly and makes every one nervous but that has more to do with him not playing on a regular basis, he is leaving at the end of the season so you will have to find someone else to bullshit about

you do realise that the player you called `error prone at vital times`has the highest clean sheets ratio, I know he looks ungainly and makes every one nervous but that has more to do with him not playing on a regular basis, he is leaving at the end of the season so you will have to find someone else to bullshit about
It's pre-emptive scapegoating, next level stuff. Luckily none of our other CB's ever give away goals through mistakes

If he plays and we get through, he will have contributed, not despite him playing

Correctly benched after first leg. Laporte incoming.

I bet he still won't go unless to Inter for nothing.

Can't see him playing again now unless in an absolute emergency or last 5 mins with match won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.