Pay to listen to Corbyn speak

Oh yeah, the purges, that would be the purges that haven't happened.

As for...

Who's twisting posts to suit their agenda now?

You're doing the Tories work for them by fighting imaginary battles and stereotypes. I'm the one who's supposed to be consumed with hatred for the rank and file but the only hatred I see is coming from you.

Is this broad church Labour Party just the name of the shop? Because if it has any meaning at all it should encompass both you and I. I don't want you or the departed members of your CLP to leave the party, but you clearly think I should. Is this not classic projection?

Tell me how many leadership elections does Corbyn have to win before you accept him as Party leader? The Labour Party has gone through many changes over the years, encompassing leaders as different as Attlee, Wilson and Blair what is so unique about the changes happening now? Beyond the fact you're unhappy about them. Even a cursory analysis of Corbyn's policies would tell you that he stands smack in the middle of the European Social Democratic tradition, it is only here in the UK that he is cast as a Marxist villain.

I'm a mainstream social democrat, and there are quite a few things that Corbyn stands for that I disagree with, but I'd have him in a heartbeat if the only alternative is the timid managerialism of New Labour.

Do me a favour, read this and tell what you think is wrong with it?....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/19/corbyn-lead-momentum-labour-ladder-leftwing

1. I voted for Corbyn as Leader twice. He deserved a crack at the election and failed. I measure him the exact same as every other Leader, unlike Momentum and their allies who treat him as an exceptional case where "only losing a bit" seems to be a success story. As I have repeatedly said, they have betrayed this country by damning it to further Tory rule for at least 4 years so while they get to philosophise and feel smug about their "revolution" it doesn't actually help anybody because they're not in power.

2. I don't want you to go, however I can dig up probably a good ten posts of you telling people like me that we're unwelcome in your pure Party and we should leave due to not holding the same views as the hard left.

3. Even Angela Rayner recently commented that Labour is leaving behind the white working classes, and again, if you don't believe that they think this and are starting to abandon the party both intellectually and physically then you're not paying attention.

4. No seriously, you cannot believe that a reduction of a ticket from £40 to £30 is in any way a REAL attempt to boost inclusion rather than an incredibly stupid PR message. This doesn't make any sense. In fact I'm willing to lay out in detail how little sense this idea actually makes if needed because it's so ridiculous to believe.

Lowering the price due to the colour of someone’s skin is racial discrimination. Two wrongs do not make a right.

1. I voted for Corbyn as Leader twice. He deserved a crack at the election and failed. I measure him the exact same as every other Leader, unlike Momentum and their allies who treat him as an exceptional case where "only losing a bit" seems to be a success story. As I have repeatedly said, they have betrayed this country by damning it to further Tory rule for at least 4 years so while they get to philosophise and feel smug about their "revolution" it doesn't actually help anybody because they're not in power.

2. I don't want you to go, however I can dig up probably a good ten posts of you telling people like me that we're unwelcome in your pure Party and we should leave due to not holding the same views as the hard left.

3. Even Angela Rayner recently commented that Labour is leaving behind the white working classes, and again, if you don't believe that they think this and are starting to abandon the party both intellectually and physically then you're not paying attention.

4. No seriously, you cannot believe that a reduction of a ticket from £40 to £30 is in any way a REAL attempt to boost inclusion rather than an incredibly stupid PR message. This doesn't make any sense. In fact I'm willing to lay out in detail how little sense this idea actually makes if needed because it's so ridiculous to believe.
The current situation within the Labour party looks the same as when Militant Tendency got their grips on a semblance of power,
and the resultant carnage that followed. The difference now is that their spawn, Momentum, have gained more credence, via a very skillful
seduction of the young, is the traditional Labour base you obviously, and admirably, support to be swamped, and do you believe another election
loss is inevitable?

It's just a fundraiser right if you are going to pay him to speak? So going there is about supporting a candidate. The question of the thread can easily be rephrased as "would you vote for corbyn".

The thread title is a bit unfair when asked to a more coman class of people i guess, fundraisers like this are more ment for wealthy supporters and political activists. I don't think the coman class really engages much in such fundraisers or is very keen at the idea of paying politicians eitherway regardless of ideoligy.

Last edited:
The current situation within the Labour party looks the same as when Militant Tendency got their grips on a semblance of power,
and the resultant carnage that followed. The difference now is that their spawn, Momentum, have gained more credence, via a very skillful
seduction of the young, is the traditional Labour base you obviously, and admirably, support to be swamped, and do you believe another election
loss is inevitable?

skillful seduction? it's just give them free money. Problem for Labour is pensioners and working people don't want to give youngsters free money.

loss is inevitable?

Weasel words.

Okay, given we are where we are, what are you proposing for Labour?

It's a honest question, not an invitation to fight masquerading as a question.

The Daily Mail making accusations of racism. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle non white British?

Seriously, read behind the headline and this is just more tripe from the tabloid press. Corbyn has principles and MI5 will eliminate him if it ever looks like he might be elected PM. Can't have people with principles in power, our leaders have to be for sale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.