Singing section/Atmosphere

So you think displays like this one happen all by themselves?
And as we get further into the CL, the displays will get bigger and better.
And I can guarantee you there will be a derby day display.

1894_display.jpg
Is too much time spent thinking about and working on displays that last one minute and are forgotten about quickly rather than the atmosphere that lasts 95 minutes and remembered forever?

it really doesnt make much sense. we've always had that as well. however one thing we did have was a 'kippax corner' that actually sung. that corner bit in the ground was great a few years back, now its silent. even on the derby you used to get everyone singing in the concours - that doesnt really happen now. from the replies on here seems like a lot have moved out and been replaced by non singers. i think thats been one of our biggest problems - losing that section
It’s certainly gone down hill since the Singing Section moved from the Kippax Corner to the South Stand begins the goal. It used to be good in the corner, it often spread doe the East Stand to 106 too. Now it’s in the worst place in the ground it could possibly be. Trapped between the away fans to their right, a corporate section above them and the morgue that is the Colin Bell to their left. Quite honestly, every single other part of the ground would be better for a Singing Section than where it is. It was a huge mistake to move there. Just like it was a huge mistake creating that Family Stand.

Is too much time spent thinking about and working on displays that last one minute and are forgotten about quickly rather than the atmosphere that lasts 95 minutes and remembered forever?

So, you only think I/we spend our time on displays?

And you think our atmosphere lasts 95 minutes?

Tell me which match that was? I can't wait. Hamburg? The Manchester Derby? Erm.....

I take it you've relocated to 115 against Basel, to sing as much as possible, and to try and create and to aid the atmosphere, and keep it going on the night? 50 fans have relocated so far.

Of course you haven't.

You can't be arsed, yet you criticise people like me and others who are trying our best to improve the atmosphere in the ground.

Good one!

Last edited:
It’s certainly gone down hill since the Singing Section moved from the Kippax Corner to the South Stand begins the goal. It used to be good in the corner, it often spread doe the East Stand to 106 too. Now it’s in the worst place in the ground it could possibly be. Trapped between the away fans to their right, a corporate section above them and the morgue that is the Colin Bell to their left. Quite honestly, every single other part of the ground would be better for a Singing Section than where it is. It was a huge mistake to move there. Just like it was a huge mistake creating that Family Stand.

I agree.

I used to stand in 111.

In hindsight, recreating and relocating a new singing section in 115 hasn't worked, even though fans are still trying.

So, you only think I/we spend our time on displays?

And you think our atmosphere lasts 95 minutes?

Tell me which match that was? I can't wait. Hamburg? The Manchester Derby? Erm.....

I take it you've relocated to 115 against Basel, to sing as much as possible, and to try and create and aid atmosphere, and keep it going on the night. 50 fans have so far.

Of course you haven't.

You can't be arsed, yet you criticise people like me and others who are trying our best to improve the atmosphere in the ground.

Good one!

He was asking a question, don't be so touchy. I think most people are appreciative of 1894, imagine what it would be like without them...

Relocate the singers into a different part of the ground with a roof over them for accoutics. It clearly isn't working at this moment where they are.

Argh right so there is a correlation between the amount you sing and which way on the compass you face??

Yeah that’s righ move them out of the south stand and put the families next to the away fans. That’ll work.

The intention was never to move the singing section in 110/111 - it was to expand it into the newly vacated 114/115 section which used to be occupied by the away fans. Fans from areas other than 110/111 who wanted to sing but felt uneasy doing so in quieter sections of the ground were encouraged to move into 114/115 while fans in 110/111 were encouraged to stay put so in effect we’d have an expanded singing section either side of the away fans that was twice as big as it used to be.

And the relocation figures backed this up. From memory only 11 or 12 fans moved out of 111 into the new section and far bigger numbers moved from elsewhere in the ground. No way that a dozen fans have made the difference between a previously great atmosphere in 110/111 and a mediocre one now. Far more likely that way more than that dozen moved out of 110/111 into the much cheaper, newly expanded South Stand 3rd tier at the same time. 114/115 suffered from this too as loads who originally expressed their intention to move there then immediately relocated again to SS3.

I agree with the point that 114/115 is probably one of the worst locations to create the new section in terms of what is around it and directly above (away fans, and the corporate seats in SS2), but it was also the only opportunity open to us where hundreds of fans could move in and nobody would need to move out. And if everyone’s intentions were honest for moving in there and it was full of pure singers - as we requested - rather than a mish-mash of pure singers, occasional singers, and people who don’t sing at all then it could still be a success.

He was asking a question, don't be so touchy. I think most people are appreciative of 1894, imagine what it would be like without them...

Fair enough.

*I apologise to him*.

I misread his post.

Unfortunately there have been a few posters on here today who have had a go at 1894.

We're not special City fans.
We don't think we are.
We are just normal City fans like you and like those City fans that have criticized us today.
We're not Ultra's.
We don't wear Black or Ultra clothing.
We don't think we own any part of 115.
We work with other City fans and encourage them to join us, if they want to?
Our dialogue with the club isn't only about displays.
We work with the club on the fans behalf.
At the end of the day all we want and strive for is a better atmosphere for Pep, the players, the fans, and the club.

If some people on here see a problem with that, then fair enough. Even though I don't understand why?

Last edited:

as said above most of the people in 110/111 didnt move into 115. I've been int he corner a few times over the last 2 seasons and there is more then enough people in there who could sing. there are more people in there though interested in swearing at away fans rather then singing. price i think is an issue as it seems lots of the singers have moved out the section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.