Pay to listen to Corbyn speak

skillful seduction? it's just give them free money. Problem for Labour is pensioners and working people don't want to give youngsters free money.
Couldn’t have that, could we? I mean, it’s not like the pensioners of today haven’t had every fucking advantage in the history of this country. A lifetime of free education, complete coverage of the NHS, no wars, best social conditions ever, pensions ‘triple-lock’and all many of them can do is woman and moan about everything in general and young people in particular.

Couldn’t have that, could we? I mean, it’s not like the pensioners of today haven’t had every fucking advantage in the history of this country. A lifetime of free education, complete coverage of the NHS, no wars, best social conditions ever, pensions ‘triple-lock’and all many of them can do is woman and moan about everything in general and young people in particular.

yhp, fact is they're already being paid for, adding young people back in just screws the people in the middle even more.

Great point, well made.

Moaning old bastards

You need to look beyond your prejudice and see what's going on here, your refusal to do so says more about you than it does about Corbyn.

I think it your refusal to accept that this is wrong in every way shape and form. Your defence of the labour party is clouding your judgement. If you cannot see that this is wrong it says more about you than other posters never mind Corbyn.

I think it your refusal to accept that this is wrong in every way shape and form. Your defence of the labour party is clouding your judgement. If you cannot see that this is wrong it says more about you than other posters never mind Corbyn.

I'm happy it says who I am.

Perhaps if the approach taken by many on here had not been so aggressive and hostile allied to a refusal to look behind the story then maybe the defence would not have been so trenchant. You talk about ‘clouded judgement’ as if it exists only on one side of this debate.

Has it not occurred to anyone in here that at a fund raising event like this the price reduction is a means of encouraging black and ethnic minorities to attend as they are under represented in all the main political parties?

Quoted in the article a Labour spokesman said: ‘The basic price of a conference pass is the same for all members but, at the request of our East Midlands Regional Board, the party will subsidise part of the cost of this year’s conference pass for BAME members to encourage attendance and improve representation.’

Is the above not more plausible than....

Conservative vice-chairman James Cleverly said: ‘Discriminating against people based on the colour of their skin is totally wrong and Mr Corbyn must end this practice now.’

Leicestershire Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen added: ‘This is racism. In effect, Labour is levying a tax on the basis of the colour of a person’s skin. It shows their contempt for the white working class.’
I'm sure it is to encourage BAME members, but it is still crass. What if City discounted ticket prices for black people, is that acceptable?

Last edited:
Yeah. A clumsy half thought out attempt at doing something is always the biggest barrier to progress. Jeez. You can’t move in this thread for skirt clutching, triggered snowflakes.

Claiming to be trying to do the right thing and actually trying it are two very different things.

It’s hardly surprising when the party is full of anti-semites and then other racists like Abbott.

Most of them having paid an absolute fuck load in taxes throughout their lives but hey ho just slate old people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.