The Smiths & Morrissey thread

They should get the bloke out of Puressence. With an orchestra he would do justice to the songs. Pretty much the only current Manc singer that can actually sing.

If they really wanted to piss Mozza off, they should ask Bernard Sumner to do it.
There is not a single soul on this planet could and would do The Smiths justice whose name isn’t Steven Patrick Morrissey. The whole idea of Joyce, Rourke and the ten second sensation that was Gannon, attempting to pass this off as something worthy of The Smiths is a fucking joke. This is down to one thing: $$$$$$$$$$$
Marr wouldn’t ever countenance any reunion without his old sparring partner. Tim Burgess crooning along to “Last Night I Dreamt” - it couldn’t be any worse. It really couldn’t. I hope Moz goes toe to toe with them and does solo shows same nights, same towns. He’d smash the fucking lot of them back to the land of Stars in their fucking Eyes.

There is not a single soul on this planet could and would do The Smiths justice whose name isn’t Steven Patrick Morrissey. The whole idea of Joyce, Rourke and the ten second sensation that was Gannon, attempting to pass this off as something worthy of The Smiths is a fucking joke. This is down to one thing: $$$$$$$$$$$
Marr wouldn’t ever countenance any reunion without his old sparring partner. Tim Burgess crooning along to “Last Night I Dreamt” - it couldn’t be any worse. It really couldn’t. I hope Moz goes toe to toe with them and does solo shows same nights, same towns. He’d smash the fucking lot of them back to the land of Stars in their fucking Eyes.
Morrissey is not a great singer. As much as I agree with nearly all your post, I think those songs could be sung better than Mozza manages them. He is another Mancunian singer with a terrible voice.

Morrissey is not a great singer. As much as I agree with nearly all your post, I think those songs could be sung better than Mozza manages them. He is another Mancunian singer with a terrible voice.
I understand what you’re saying, but it’s akin to saying songs are better when sung by the most gifted singer.I have to, politely, disagree. Morrissey's voice (as with Shelley and Buzzcocks,Sumner and New Order) is part of the very fabric of The Smiths. No Morrissey = No Smiths. We might as well invite that c unt Russell Watson and have him warble some musically perfect notes all over “Panic” “London” “Shakespear” etc, etc. You were bang on the money with your earlier post. This is a travesty, an absolute cash-in. Then you waivered a bit! Don’t - Joyce, Rourke and Gannon have one, and only one interest here: their bank accounts. It’ll be a fucking parody, as far removed from the real thing as you could possibly create. Never mind Moz, he’d die before playing with “Foxton and Buckler”, think what Marr would say: in fact, I don’t even think you’d get a word from him. Just a weary shake of the head.

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s akin to saying songs are better when sung by the most gifted singer.I have to, politely, disagree. Morrissey's voice (as with Shelley and Buzzcocks,Sumner and New Order) is part of the very fabric of The Smiths. No Morrissey = No Smiths. We might as well invite that c unt Russell Watson and have him warble some musically perfect notes all over “Panic” “London” “Shakespear” etc, etc. You were bang on the money with your earlier post. This is a travesty, an absolute cash-in. Then you waivered a bit! Don’t - Joyce, Rourke and Gannon have one, and only one interest here: their bank accounts. It’ll be a fucking parody, as far removed from the real thing as you could possibly create. Never mind Moz, he’d die before playing with “Foxton and Buckler”, think what Marr would say: in fact, I don’t even think you’d get a word from him. Just a weary shake of the head.

With Rourke being one of Johnny Marr's best mates I would be gobsmacked if this has not come with Marr's approval.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.