Pay to listen to Corbyn speak

It's just a fundraiser right if you are going to pay him to speak? So going there is about supporting a candidate. The question of the thread can easily be rephrased as "would you vote for corbyn".

The thread title is a bit unfair when asked to a more coman class of people i guess, fundraisers like this are more ment for wealthy supporters and political activists. I don't think the coman class really engages much in such fundraisers or is very keen at the idea of paying politicians eitherway regardless of ideoligy.

The vast majority do not care nor even participate in politics so much as to care outside of elections. Everytime I go to friends or wherever there is a collective groan when anything related to politics comes on followed by a shuffle to find the remote.

The actual amount of people in the country interested enough in politics to go to rallies, conventions or even to hear Corbyn speak perhaps represents less than 0.1%.

Labour have the biggest party membership but even that is limited to less than 1% of the country so I am surprised anyone really cares all that much. Labour can charge what they want but the amount of people who actually want to listen is few and the amount who want to pay is even fewer...

Most people nowadays will digest and get their news or ideas on politics from TV and social media, the latter is the primary reason for the success of Corbyn so far, I don't think it would actually matter if he never spoke again. It worked for Theresea May at the last election who famously said nothing, participated in no debates and still beat Corbyn.

I'm sure it is to encourage BAME members, but it is still crass. What if City discounted ticket prices for black people, is that acceptable?

City already has a pricing structure based on a crude demographic, it's not a criticism, all clubs do as far as I'm aware, but like any slice and dice pricing structure it throws up anomalies. How many over 65s park their Range Rover in the Etihad car park and then swipe their half price season ticket at the gate?

Perhaps if the approach taken by many on here had not been so aggressive and hostile allied to a refusal to look behind the story then maybe the defence would not have been so trenchant. You talk about ‘clouded judgement’ as if it exists only on one side of this debate.

You and I know this was a bit cack-handed but in political terms it's small earthquake no one killed, at least it should be, but the venom it has generated is out of all proportion to the "crime" and the racist motivations attributed to this heinous move (which, of course, are all the "fault" of Corbyn, who probably played a minor part, if any in all of this) tells me more about the motivations of the posters than it does about Corbyn.

I grow tired of the politics threads in off topic. I used to moderate a politics forum back in the day. You would tidy up the thread of profanity and stop posters from ganging up on individuals and that was it, but here it's different, I was permanently banned from the Brexit thread for upsetting other posters, my crime was taking one poster to account for how hypocritical it was for him to champion the fact that he was happy for others to pay the price for his choices, it upset him.

In here you post something in favour of what Labour is doing or you try to explain it when the party drops a bollock and when I log in again I get five, six, seven angry posts accusing me of all sorts of shit, I try to fend it off and I'm abused page after page and eventually banned for annoying the other posters.

I stick to the football threads for the most part now and most of the folk I would call progressive posters seem to do the same.

You and I know this was a bit cack-handed but in political terms it's small earthquake no one killed, at least it should be, but the venom it has generated is out of all proportion to the "crime" and the racist motivations attributed to this heinous move (which, of course, are all the "fault" of Corbyn, who probably played a minor part, if any in all of this) tells me more about the motivations of the posters than it does about Corbyn.

I grow tired of the politics threads in off topic. I used to moderate a politics forum back in the day. You would tidy up the thread of profanity and stop posters from ganging up on individuals and that was it, but here it's different, I was permanently banned from the Brexit thread for upsetting other posters, my crime was taking one poster to account for how hypocritical it was for him to champion the fact that he was happy for others to pay the price for his choices, it upset him.

In here you post something in favour of what Labour is doing or you try to explain it when the party drops a bollock and when I log in again I get five, six, seven angry posts accusing me of all sorts of shit, I try to fend it off and I'm abused page after page and eventually banned for annoying the other posters.

I stick to the football threads for the most part now and most of the folk I would call progressive posters seem to do the same.

oh come on , you have thicker skin than that , surely.

if it is any comfort people on the other side of the street probably feel the same way. There is predominately a left leaning, Corbyn loving population on brexit and politics threads - those of a right leaning sympathy probably feel they get ganged up on - its simply others who have a polar opposite belief making the polar opposite view to the point made.

Stick with it!

oh come on , you have thicker skin than that , surely.

if it is any comfort people on the other side of the street probably feel the same way. There is predominately a left leaning, Corbyn loving population on brexit and politics threads - those of a right leaning sympathy probably feel they get ganged up on - its simply others who have a polar opposite belief making the polar opposite view to the point made.

Stick with it!
Tend to agree with this.

Claiming to be trying to do the right thing and actually trying it are two very different things.

It’s hardly surprising when the party is full of anti-semites and then other racists like Abbott.

Diane Abbott is not a racist. You can disagree with her politics, even dislike her public persona but she is not a racist. She is a hard working and diligent constituency MP who is very popular and appreciated by the people she represents.

Wolfie,

No one disputes that this is a storm in a tea cup and was cack handed at the very least but you have defended it over and over again. You have also attributed the vitriol on here as aimed at Corbyn. Mine, if you could call it that, wasn't. It was aimed at a political party, and it could have been all of them, who decided to promote this offer. ill advised and badly thought out.

On a side note, if you debated rather than firmly shouting down everyone who opposed you, you might find that the politics forum would be a nicer place to post. You have political views and ideals that appear to be different to a lot of people on here, sticking to them is admirable and to be applauded, shouting down people for having opposite views isn't.

I still think Corbyn is a twat though. But then that could be said for 99% of politicians. Try not to take it personally.

One more thing...genuine question...where did you get your political leanings from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.