Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s our biggest flaw. Consistency.

We have the quality there’s no doubting that. It’s just doing it on a regular basis we struggle to do.

I don’t think it’s played not trying as hard. I think it’s as much tactical as it is psychological.

whatever it is you showed last night yet again you have it in spades and are making zero progress towards being a title winning team

All this talk of their cup final sent me to do some researching.
With teams supposedly spunking all their energy on us, the match directly following teams 'getting a result' vs City is as follows:

(W) City 1-1 Everton (D)
(W) City 0-0 Wolves (L)
(L) Shakhtar 2-1 City (W)
(D) Leicester 1-1 City (W)
(W) Palace 0-0 City (W)
(L) Liverpool 4-3 City (W)

It might not mean anything at all, Palace won their next game and you could take any of the Top 6 and see a similar pattern. It does show we have some incredible bounce-back, but consistency of performance is one of the factors of our great season, so far. Something that is missing from all the others.

Liverpool fc. Footballs Betamax, and Sinclair C5..............the Zx spectrum of premier league.
Cutting edge and revolutionary once but now buried in land fills all over uk. From Swansea to well take your pick.

Liverpool fc. Footballs Betamax, and Sinclair C5..............the Zx spectrum of premier league.
Cutting edge and revolutionary once but now buried in land fills all over uk. From Swansea to well take your pick.
Throw in Aztec Bars, Yates Wine Lodge, Austin Allegros and this era of domination...

Liverpool%2006.jpg

All this talk of their cup final sent me to do some researching.
With teams supposedly spunking all their energy on us, the match directly following teams 'getting a result' vs City is as follows:

(W) City 1-1 Everton (D)
(W) City 0-0 Wolves (L)
(L) Shakhtar 2-1 City (W)
(D) Leicester 1-1 City (W)
(W) Palace 0-0 City (W)
(L) Liverpool 4-3 City (W)

It might not mean anything at all, Palace won their next game and you could take any of the Top 6 and see a similar pattern. It does show we have some incredible bounce-back, but consistency of performance is one of the factors of our great season, so far. Something that is missing from all the others.

There is definitely something in this Black Shed, you can even extend it to teams that worked their balls off but lost, like Huddersfield, Soton, Bristol City who I believe not only lost their next games nut had a particularly bad run after their matches with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.