Tsunami warning US west coast.

US Geological Survey are quoting that there have been 11 7+ strength quakes in the area in the last century within 600 km of today's.

A magnitude 8 earthquake is very very big.

Thinking this is due to fracking, is like thinking the atomic bomb at Hiroshima was caused by someone turning a light switch on that had been incorrectly wired.

it's 25 km deep and 200+ km out at sea.
Doesn't seem likely to be fracking-related to me.

My guess is that a deep quake can shake a lot but that it might not disturb the seabed that much. The USGS are saying it's the usual plate/plate slippage (if I understand them right), which happens all the time, just some are bigger than others.

Someone needs to suggest to Trump that this is his big chance to get one up on King Canute.

fuck me that would be a funny watch - Trump on a golden throne from Trump Tower sat on the beach demanding a 100ft high wall of water goes back whence it came. See who of his team would stand side by side with him then lol - Huckabee-Sanders perhaps ?

Kodiak emergency services are reporting a fluctuation of sea level of up to 3 foot and then subsided.

The tsunami warning down the west coast has been cancelled.

A magnitude 8 earthquake is very very big.

Thinking this is due to fracking, is like thinking the atomic bomb at Hiroshima was caused by someone turning a light switch on that had been incorrectly wired.
It might have been incorrectly wired to an atomic bomb. Just putting it out there.

All that promise of something massiv with huge power coming, then the small and pathetic reality knocks at the door... They have named this Tzunami Sanchez.

I don't think a deep hole that is a few ft in radius is going to cause a 8.5 megaquake. Earthquakes have been happening long before fracking has.

Directly no. But may contribute.

This has always been the argument. To prevent anything than can contrbute to our demise.

That part of the World, Pacific Ocean side. Poor fuckers seem to get Earthquakes or Typhoons etc. Europe really has it good overall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.