January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Fred and Laporte now I only see us looking for a real backup to Sane and Sterling in summer. I think this is what we had hoped Sanchez to be, as he could have played anywhere up front. My guess is we would be looking at a player like Zaha who can play both wings. I don't see us going for another left back if Mendy is back. Delph have done well, and I think we also have Zincheko becoming a candidate for this position. Further my guess is we do not go for a forward unless Aguero wants to leave.
I think we will try our best to sell Mangala.

Toure's out of contract, and we'll definitely be selling Mangala. I would say there is a possibility of selling any of Bravo, Danilo, and (if he wants to go) Aguero. Other than that it will just be a question of which younger players we'll sell. Gunn if he doesn't want to be the cup keeper/wants to stay at Norwich, Tosin if Pep doesn't think he's good enough (otherwise a loan). Some other interesting players are Manu Garcia, Aleix Garcia, Angelino, and Bersant Celina. Personally I don't think any of them will make it with us but should go on to have decent careers.

Toure's out of contract, and we'll definitely be selling Mangala. I would say there is a possibility of selling any of Bravo, Danilo, and (if he wants to go) Aguero. Other than that it will just be a question of which younger players we'll sell. Gunn if he doesn't want to be the cup keeper/wants to stay at Norwich, Tosin if Pep doesn't think he's good enough (otherwise a loan). Some other interesting players are Manu Garcia, Aleix Garcia, Angelino, and Bersant Celina. Personally I don't think any of them will make it with us but should go on to have decent careers.
Not to mention Maffeo

Not to mention Maffeo

Didn't include him because I think he has a legitimate chance to make it at City. Here's my actual thoughts on our players' futures who are currently out on loan:

Will be sold: Hart, Denayer, Kayode, Barker, Smith-Brown, Celina, Mari, Yeboah, Caceres, Nwakali

Loaned again: Moreno, Luiz, Haug, Fernandes, Antuna, Buckley-Ricketts, Kongolo, both Ilic's.

Players I would say will either be loaned or sold but certainly won't be a part of the squad next year:
Roberts, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Bryan, Angelino, Ambrose, Agyepong, Nemane.

Maffeo and Gunn are the only two out on loan I could see being part of the squad.

Edit: FWIW, not all of these departures would be due to a lack of quality. Some don't seem to have the appetite to play for a big club (Roberts, Denayer) and some are unfortunately playing a position we're well set in (M. Garcia, Celina, Ambrose), etc.

Last edited:
IF we bring in both of these players in this window, 2 Foreign players need to drop out of the Champions League Squad

Muric will be one (Use Grimshaw), Assume Mangala the other?

(Zinchenko doesn't make the CL squad at the moment either as doesn't qualify for the B List & was left out in September)

I agree with you that we will have lots of outgoings. Hadn't thought of Bravo.

IF we bring in both of these players in this window, 2 Foreign players need to drop out of the Champions League Squad

(Zinchenko doesn't make the CL squad at the moment either as doesn't qualify for the B List & was left out in September)

No we don't fred can't play in cl for us this year

Lots of sense in a World Cup year in getting main business done early: Fred and Laporte this January, a forward and a young midfielder like Soumare tied up before the W C kicks off. Then let other clubs pay over the odds for players in the post - W C feeding frenzy.

I think Zinchenko will make the squad especially if Delph is out for longer than anticipated. Zinchenko, Laporte in, 2 of Toure/Mangala/Kompany out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.