Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
How really good is this guy?
Not a full international not with premier league experience . He is not that fast. Would rather prefer Evans, especially for the money we are going to pay.
But in the positive note, if pep wants him then no argument, he must be a good defender who can play the ball from the back.
If there are some athletic fan here than please explain his pros and cons.
I remember a benfica fan saying about ederson, if he performs what he had been performing there than we are getting a hell of a player. That came out to be true.

Only concern I would have for him, as I have watched little of Bilbao since his injury, is how well he has recovered from the leg injury. Prior to the injury, he would've been in my top 3 choices for Barcelona as a left sided central defender. He has size, good instincts, strength, competitiveness and good speed. Coming into a new league midseason is never easy, especially for a defender in a system that Pep employs but if Aymeric has recovered well enough it's a great signing

I am curious what the player will reveal about how things broke down a couple of years ago when City came in for him when he got injured. Basque club is very difficult to negotiate with but fortunately Txiki has experience there, the price is the price they set and good luck getting a discount

I watched his last game against Getafe, that long ball to Inaki Williams is the pass Leroy has been calling out for a while now. I think Leroy will benefit the most by having Laporte around. His aerial threat inside the box won the PK for the 2nd goal as he was held down. One thing I do worry about is communication between him and Ederson. In this game he has the forward and goes to take the ball from him but the GK is rushing out to sweep up and the sandwich him giving away a PK. But overall he had a great game doing it all. And he's a great mix of all the positives we get from Nico and Stones. Will love when we play 3 at the back + Walker and Mendy/Zinchenko in the future.

I hope we don't play three at the back to often after this. Against the teams that park the bus (80%?) It just means we lose a player in midfield. Against the bigger teams it sounds attractive, mind.

On the other hand, passing out of the back with Stones and Laporte sounds great.

Last edited:
If Laporte is slotting in next to Stones, I’d be leaning toward a back four with advanced wingbacks, particularly if we’re looking at trying to boss teams.

So;

——————— Ederson ———————

—— Stones ————— Laporte ——

Walker ——————————— Mendy

Of course, that leaves Otamendi out in the cold, so that doesn’t solve the issue either...
No chance otta will be drop kicked. This is all about a squad, a squad of youmg fit players. We cant go where we want to go thinking i wonder how long vinny will last or oh fuck we have to throw mangala in.

No chance otta will be drop kicked. This is all about a squad, a squad of youmg fit players. We cant go where we want to go thinking i wonder how long vinny will last or oh fuck we have to throw mangala in.
Exactly,Otamendi is on another level to Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.