Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure that I saw @Damocles make this exact point on Twitter the other day and it’s bang on. When people talk about history, do they honestly believe that factors into a players decision? They want the best financial and sporting package. If history was the selling point then Forest would have Messi and Ronaldo wanting to join.

Can add lifestyle to what players want too...Given why most players will always choose Barca or Madrid over any other suitors.

Bang on. Every club that has ever existed has history and supporting a football club should never be about just savouring the good moments of that club's history. We've got it good at the moment when it comes to events on the field (and that's an understatement) but if it all went tits up tomorrow and we went back to being shite with a propensity for shooting ourselves in the foot, while there would no doubt be a lot of initial disappointment, I'd still be there supporting the team as would many other blues. In any case, it's as much - if not more - about the camaraderie off the pitch that makes following a club so memorable.

Them shits down the road don't have that though. They're a bunch of swamp dwelling toads that have no sense of camaraderie other than that they're all wankers together.

The impression I got at the time was it was mainly loyalty to Bilbao having spent most of the previous season out injured and having a relatively low buy out, they persuaded him to stay a little bit longer and sign with a higher buy out.
I can't help thinking there's something commendable and admirable about that sort of attitude of a player towards his club, if indeed those were the circumstances.

Can we all remember when, if, he signs, that defenders and players in general coming in take a while to get up to speed and adapt to Pep's system. Especially from Spain. If he has a rocky start, he isn't shit, he is adapting.

Can you imagine how much time JFE would of been given.

I think Dabo will be a great addition to the squad, personally.

I am looking forward to seeing how he links up with Dunne, as he is getting on in years.

If only Pep was as up-to-the-minute as us fans, we would have had Javi Martinez by now!

Funny you should mention the immortal Dabo as he signed on with the NE Revolution for a short time some years ago. Met him at a youth football event down there when I was coaching my daughters team. I had a City shirt on which he seemed to appreciate. Signed an autograph for my daughter; he seemed a pretty nice guy. Never really made it on the pitch for the Revs as I recall due to injury or maybe it was general shitness.
Anyway, sorry to digress. Back to Call me Eric Laporte's imminent arrival...;)

That's probably why those Newcastle fans were spouting their bollocks - because Amanda Staveley's proposed takeover (ironically with financial backing from the same part of the world as our owner) has seemingly fallen through, plus it was rumoured that Mansour was interested in buying Newcastle at the same time he bought City.

Liverpool fans have absolutely no room to talk as they were openly begging to be bought out by Dubai International Capital when it all went tits up under Hicks and Gillett: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc---show-directors-3489451

Some United fans on Red Cafe the other week were wanting the Saudi monarchy to buy them out - a thread that was active at the same time they had another one slagging off our owner and his alleged human rights record. Funnily enough, all the gobby fuckers on that thread were mysteriously missing from the Saudi thread!
The Abu Dhabi monarchy are positively like California liberals compared to the Saudi scumbags.

Funny you should mention the immortal Dabo as he signed on with the NE Revolution for a short time some years ago. Met him at a youth football event down there when I was coaching my daughters team. I had a City shirt on which he seemed to appreciate. Signed an autograph for my daughter; pretty nice guy. Never really made it on the pitch for the Revs as I recall.
Anyway, sorry to digress. Back to Call me Eric Laporte's imminent arrival...;)
That is interesting as I currently live in Boston, though, I am not a Revolution fan (I try to follow NYCFC given our involvement and the fact that I make regular trips down there for business). I had no idea Dabo went to them for a time.

It would be an interesting separate thread to discuss other ex-City players who have gone to Major League Soccer.

I am sure Laporte will end up at NYCFC in 2027. ;-)

That is interesting as I currently live in Boston, though, I am not a Revolution fan (I try to follow NYCFC given our involvement and the fact that I make regular trips down there for business). I had no idea Dabo went to them for a time.

It would be an interesting separate thread to discuss other ex-City players who have gone to Major League Soccer.

I am sure Laporte will end up at NYCFC in 2027. ;-)

Yeah I had a season ticket for the Revs one year; they were cheap. I have lived here for a while and was around when MLS was born after the 1994 World Cup. The Revs will never win it though as they are the ginger stepchild of the Krafts, whose abiding interest is of course the Pats so the Revs get no money or respect. I only go and see them now when NYCFC roll into town and I never know who to cheer for...;)

Here's another for the ex-City players in MLS thread: Steve Howey turned out for the Revolution a few times too.

Can we all remember when, if, he signs, that defenders and players in general coming in take a while to get up to speed and adapt to Pep's system. Especially from Spain. If he has a rocky start, he isn't shit, he is adapting.
Ahhh you must be new to the forum.
2 good games he'll be the new Kompany. 2 bad games and he's the new Edgehill (no offence Richard, loved your never say die attitude). That'll be the case even after 10 years and multiple trophies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.