Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this fella is injury prone, very slow, can't trap a dead rat in a telephone box, there are 2 younger better defenders at Bilbao, we'v been stitched up here lads, paid well over the odds.... I'm bloody fuming....what are we playing at..... Don't believe me...??? Go have a look on Red Cafe, it' all there in black and white the sad bitter bastards

Yes, the CAF are still going on about our spend, transfers, wages bonuses, etc. Why aren't the media highlighting this, blah, blah, f***ing blah!

They've just signed Sanchez. We're about to sign Laporte, who they never wanted ;-), and the Rag bitches are crying and squealing already.

What has happened to their bravado and euphoria? Within a few day's of signing Sanchez, we've already killed it.

They knew we had one final weak spot. Centre Half. We've solved that problem by signing Laporte. And the Rags know it

Absolutely beautiful. I love it!

He really is the perfect partner for John Stones and he will build a great partnership with Mendy that will help them both for the national side

I'm not so sure about that. From what I've seen he's similar in style to Stones, in terms of he's good on the ball etc. But a bit quicker, stronger, better in the air and hopefully less errors in him. I think Laporte and Otamendi will be the starting pair eventually. Stones form has been poor and it will take some time for Laporte to settle in, but in a 2 I think Laporte and Otamendi will be the preferred pairing

Oh no! Should have gone for Phil Jones instead
Apparently this fella is injury prone, very slow, can't trap a dead rat in a telephone box, there are 2 younger better defenders at Bilbao, we'v been stitched up here lads, paid well over the odds.... I'm bloody fuming....what are we playing at..... Don't believe me...??? Go have a look on Red Cafe, it' all there in black and white the sad bitter bastards
Even if he was as bad as you mentioned he would still be better then Lindelof.

One of the key differences between us and the Rags is that we need the best young players in the world to play the style of football that Pep demands. They would play in exactly the same way regardless of which players they signed so in that sense the fees and wages we pay is a necessity, for them it's a luxury.
Let's not do this... The infatuation for seeing things through the prism of "how it compares to the rags" saddens me. :(

The rags are truly not that important. And I say this without bitterness. I'd rather explain our decision through the prism if Barca, Napoli, Tothenham (whom I don't particularly like btw) Ajax, Wolverhampton and bloody Bristol City!

As these teams are so much like ours than the rags. And while I am well aware of the irony here, I think we spend way too much ink on that lot :(

Yes, the CAF are still going on about our spend, transfers, wages bonuses, etc. Why aren't the media highlighting this, blah, blah, f***ing blah!

They've just signed Sanchez. We're about to sign Laporte, who they never wanted ;-), and the Rag bitches are crying and squealing already.

What has happened to their bravado and euphoria? Within a few day's of signing Sanchez, we've already killed it.

They knew we had one final weak spot. Centre Half. We've solved that problem by signing Laporte. And the Rags know it

Absolutely beautiful. I love it!
To be fair I think we have a couple more weak spots left to address- DM and ST/FW. Hopefully to be sorted by Fred and ??? this summer.

I'm not so sure about that. From what I've seen he's similar in style to Stones, in terms of he's good on the ball etc. But a bit quicker, stronger, better in the air and hopefully less errors in him. I think Laporte and Otamendi will be the starting pair eventually. Stones form has been poor and it will take some time for Laporte to settle in, but in a 2 I think Laporte and Otamendi will be the preferred pairing
I think the guy you quoted meant long-term. Otamendi is 30 next month. Both Stones and Larporte have to grow. But there is potential for a Ailderewerld/Vertoghen type partnership.

4-5 years of Stones/ Larporte can be hoped for

The CAF in Laporte meltdown. Classic CAF reading. Lol!

IMG_1850.png

IMG_1851.png

IMG_1852.png

This is hilarious. Some of them can’t even enjoy the Sanchez signing because they’re too busy foaming at the mouth about us signing Laporte!

Hope we get him in time to be on the bench for the Albion game on Wednesday night. Would be good to have him blooded early, and at home, because the February fixture list has games where you probably wouldn't want to make your debut.
If as reported the medical is on Tues, I think that might be a tad early to have him on the bench the next day

Let's not do this... The infatuation for seeing things through the prism of "how it compares to the rags" saddens me. :(

The rags are truly not that important. And I say this without bitterness. I'd rather explain our decision through the prism if Barca, Napoli, Tothenham (whom I don't particularly like btw) Ajax, Wolverhampton and bloody Bristol City!

As these teams are so much like ours than the rags. And while I am well aware of the irony here, I think we spend way too much ink on that lot :(
Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.