Eden Hazard

If he doesn’t leave this summer and doesn’t sign a new contract, it becomes a tricky situation for Chelsea. With Roman being tight with his money these days, he might be tempted to accept £150m this summer. If Hazard fancy’s a move, then that adds to the pressure of selling him. This is probably nothing, but I can see the logic in going after him this summer.

Possibly but I can see Chelsea riding out the summer. Thing is Arsenal got a £30/40m player for someone with 6 months left so they will be comfortable with 2 years or 18 months left. Say he had 12 months left, we would say pay £100m coz he’s a £150m plus player and other clubs will think the same. Chelsea won’t be too concerned this summer.

I’ve been wracking my brain, since Guardiola’s comments last week about not buying an out and out striker, about who we might go for and Hazard was the name I kept coming back to. As someone else has mentioned, he was also pretty complimentary about us recently. I can’t see him staying at Chelsea, and Real will quite possibly be spending heavily on Neymar. United have hopefully put their eggs in the Sanchez basket, although you could never rule them out.

It’s probably a case of 2+2=5, as I can’t see Chelsea selling to us, but you never know. Mullock reporting it is a positive though.

It's funny you should say that as Chelsea just played him as a striker last week, and I heard it discussed that for his last season at Lille he played striker, and suddenly thought, he fits into that Sanchez role of, "he's not a third striker, but if you had to..."

Two years is enough for them to hold firm really. Less than 18 months and a reluctance to sign a new one tips the scales.

One thing is certain about new chelsea - they absolutely will not risk him getting down to 1 year on his contract and a massively reduced transfer fee. If he decided he wanted to leave, 2 years left is when they'd sell him so they got the full amount of money in.

You can just see the group journo headline.. “ Hazard snubs City for Madrid “... those twats can’t wait for that one..

Hi David. Love you. (But even as a blue I think Eden has been the best player in the prem over the last 5 years)
I'd argue against that in terms of being consistently brilliant. Hazard mards and disappears for a season at a time.

Not saying he isn't amazing, just that we can sometimes underrate our own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.