Alternative striker options

I have to believe we must be scouring S. America and the lower leagues of Europe for a rough diamond, because prices, as Pep said in his last presser, are £80-90-100m and we just can’t afford it.

I believe we can afford it, but not at the present with the level of squad building we need. At the moment we know we need 2 x CB's, a LB, cover/competition for Sterling, Sane & Fernandinho. So there's 6 top end players needed before we can begin to think of £100m+ levels of players.

As for ManUre & their fuckin crazy £600m per week wages, leave them to it. For us to pay that sort if wage now is not competing with ManUre, it's business suicide! We have to take our overall expenditure into account not just player acquisitions or wages in isolation.

WE need to give Nemecha a couple of run outs this season even if only 20-30 mins in games where we are safe.

We'll never know if he could fill the third striker role if we don't try him out.

Ideally we'd promote fully to the first team squad both him & Diaz....job done.

I believe we can afford it, but not at the present with the level of squad building we need. At the moment we know we need 2 x CB's, a LB, cover/competition for Sterling, Sane & Fernandinho. So there's 6 top end players needed before we can begin to think of £100m+ levels of players.

As for ManUre & their fuckin crazy £600m per week wages, leave them to it. For us to pay that sort if wage now is not competing with ManUre, it's business suicide! We have to take our overall expenditure into account not just player acquisitions or wages in isolation.
Doubt we'll buy 6 players, hopefully 2 this month Laporte and Fred . Then just a forward in the summer, that covers left back too. The only other possible would be a second centre back for 4 th choice but that would only be if Kompany calls it a day and Tosin isnt thought good enough

Yes, he didn’t mention the fee , just that it was a rumoured summer target that made city feel comfortable about passing on Sanchez

A ridiculous name was the suggestion , not Messi

Ridiculous names ??

Kane - would be £200m
Ronaldo - past it ?
Neymar - would be £200m
Muller ?
Lewandowski?
Mbappe - is only on loan officially
Seems like the answer is Hazard , it’s been rumoured for a while in the Manchester press scene apparently

Does Pep see him playing the false 9 role , the new Messi ?

Should be looking at someone around the 22-24 age range at this point. Our next Sergio Aguero

WE need to give Nemecha a couple of run outs this season even if only 20-30 mins in games where we are safe.

We'll never know if he could fill the third striker role if we don't try him out.

Ideally we'd promote fully to the first team squad both him & Diaz....job done.
If we can keep winning and lock up the league early we'd get a fantastic chance to play many of them in serious matches

Seems like the answer is Hazard , it’s been rumoured for a while in the Manchester press scene apparently

Does Pep see him playing the false 9 role , the new Messi ?

Ohh..would love to see Hazard at City but just can't see it happening unless the dreaded player swap deal is on the table i.e. Sergio

I was just thinking surely Hazard's fellow countryman Mertens is a more easier target to acquire.

Fits exactly into Pep's forward line system, great movement, tracks back and harrasses tirelessly & just scored another worldie today.

Of course would be a summer target as Napoli won't let him go until they win the scudetto which they are in the running for this season.

Ohh..would love to see Hazard at City but just can't see it happening unless the dreaded player swap deal is on the table i.e. Sergio

I was just thinking surely Hazard's fellow countryman Mertens is a more easier target to acquire.

Fits exactly into Pep's forward line system, great movement, tracks back and harrasses tirelessly & just scored another worldie today.

Of course would be a summer target as Napoli won't let him go until they win the scudetto which they are in the running for this season.

Watching Napoli now. Was just going to say this. Second goal was top quality. His movement is phenomenal.

The only issue is he is 31 in May. His release clause is apparently £25m so could prove good value if we can squeeze two more seasons out of him, would be the ideal signing.

Doubt we'll buy 6 players, hopefully 2 this month Laporte and Fred . Then just a forward in the summer, that covers left back too. The only other possible would be a second centre back for 4 th choice but that would only be if Kompany calls it a day and Tosin isnt thought good enough
What we need isn't in doubt & I think most would agree, however when we can buy the level of quality we need is the issue & because of FFP, our needs will be spread across several windows.

This is why I've always said the time to truly judge Guardiola is in season 2019-2020. For me personally, any progress we make before then is a welcomed bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.