Cardiff (FA Cup 4th Rd ) Post Match Thread

This started with the media, Danny Murphy I think. If you say something often enough it becomes acceptable. "Stop City? Get in their face, rough them up, leave your mark on them." This has been repeated over and over, even by Pogba who should have faced disciplinary action for his disgusting comments. Subliminally this crap.gets into peoples heads. Refs let tackles slide and players kick shit out of our players thinking this is the best chance they have because all the so called experts have told them so. An utter disgrace!
I don't have a problem with people getting in our faces closing us down and harrying us. Bristol did it with out kicking us, but what I do have a problem with is out and out thuggary, which is what Cardiff did and were allowed by that idiot Mason.

You do feel that it will take a broken leg or something equally as serious before the FA do something about this.

I totally understand that lower league opposition might feel the need to compensate for their lack of skill by taking a more physical approach, but there's a difference between taking one for the team with a cynical trip or a pull and endangering an opponent.

We see pundits gleefully discussing in the run up to these games how the inferior team will be getting stuck into them when they should be challenging these tactics (including when it's Harry Kane and Dele Alli responsible for it).

Unless the FA do something about this soon, they'll kill their own competitions off. We discourage teams fielding weakened sides in the FA cup but given teams are being allowed to kick other teams off the park then what do you expect? Wouldn't surprise me if we see the best players wanting to leave or not come to England at all. I've seen some people call him a diver, but the truth is Eden Hazard is kicked to death week in week out in the premier league and i can fully understand why he might be ready to bin the premier league off soon.

Very good post mate.

We cannot play domestic cup matches between international worldclass teams and 14th century battle troops,
if the neutral judge is refusing to care of the rules in place. It's simply too expensive.

"taking one for the team" in the first place stops when a player's health is endangered.
"taking one for the team" shouldn't be seen as a positive, but as a sign of inferior play and it shouldn't be riskless.

If we have seen the true face of English football yesterday and the FA has noting to say about the values of this sport
then of course the question will come up if this is the right place for a long and healthy career.

"You're in England, what do you expect? I suppose, when you're like that, you want everything to be nice and pretty, and perfect, but you don't get that in England."
enhanced-18402-1418212107-3.png
That's brilliant I'll tweet it if you dont mind

It may be once again symptomatic of the attitude and overall cowardice of referees, but I did notice that Mason's expression, when finally presenting the red card to Bennett, appeared to convey sorrow that he'd had to do it - a sort of cringing,smiley "sorry son but what could I do " !
For me that rather summed up the weak, spineless performance of that official.
As already mentioned, those disgraceful comments by Murphy on MOTD some weeks back have had consequencies and you would have thought the BBC might have distanced themselves from them by now .
As for Warnock - another odious smiling caveman !
Don't post much but after yesterday .... !
Cross in France !!!

Just noticed that the linesman who failed to see the severity of Bennetts tackle but decided that Sane, despite being onside, was close enough to being offside that he could justify flagging was non other than Simon Beck. Hmmm....makes you wonder doesn't it!

Just noticed that the linesman who failed to see the severity of Bennetts tackle but decided that Sane, despite being onside, was close enough to being offside that he could justify flagging was non other than Simon Beck. Hmmm....makes you wonder doesn't it!

Yes has worked mainly with Marriner, Mason & Clattenburg

Mourinho was understandably shocked at Marriner’s decision to send Pogba off in the 74th minute but he can have no complaints when watching back the clip of the Frenchman’s dangerous challenge on Hector Bellerin. It appears Marriner’s assistant referee, Simon Beck, was as surprised as Mourinho and his brilliant reaction to the red card was captured as he stood alongside the Portuguese boss. Ashley Young can be seen warning Mourinho about Pogba’s imminent red card after the wing-back sprinted 60 yards across the Emirates turf to inform his manager.

Pissed at how bad the refereeing was and we played within ourselves second half making sure we didn’t get anymore injuries. Hopefully Leroy is back soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.