Leroy Sane - Ankle ligament damage confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
31.01.2018 H West Brom
03.02.2018 A Burnley
10.02.2018 H Leicester
13.02.2018 A FC Basel
17.02.2018 A Wigan 5th rd ( possible replay: 28.02.)
24.02.2018 N Arsenal, EFL final at Wembley
01.03.2018 A Arsenal, to be postponed, if 5th rd replay on 28.02.!
04.03.2018 H Chelsea
07.03.2018 H FC Basel
12.03.2018 A Stoke

Wembley vs Arsenal would be at the end of week 4 (post impact), not very probable, I'm afraid.

Depending on his recovery we could go for a 5th round replay to have the Arsenal league match due 1 March postponed!?
But hey, Pep is gonna find some classy left winger somewhere on or under our bench...
Diaz looks good to me. Of the little ive seen of him he seems to know how to get past his marker.

Im hopeful that they are being deliberately cagey and vague on his injury to give the tackles the media attention they deserve.
Seems like finally people are listening.
But that actually he was incredibly lucky and could only be a sprain and playing next weekend vs burnley.
Fingers crossed anyway

Im hopeful that they are being deliberately cagey and vague on his injury to give the tackles the media attention they deserve.
Seems like finally people are listening.
But that actually he was incredibly lucky and could only be a sprain and playing next weekend vs burnley.
Fingers crossed anyway

I used to watch and play a lot of Volleyball once, where players often land on the opponent's foot and have such an injury.
The angle of Leroy's foot looked well overstretched.
Even if ligament's flexibility can vary between players, this case looks very much like a torn or partly torn external ankle ligament.
Anyway I would rule out Burnley.
Wembley vs Arsenal would be great, but I'm not too optimistic.

City should be able to beat WBA, Burnley and Leicester, Basel, Wigan and Stoke.
Arsenal and Chelsea are a bit tougher.

Absolutely worst case we should have Leroy back for the CL QF in March.
And Jesus should be back in the meantime.

Quite funny to hear all the armchair doctors pronouncing that "I played xyz and I know these injuries, blah blah blah". In reality, none of them knows anything more than we do, which is that he has ligament damage. We have no information on his likely return date. Maybe he does not know yet either. End of.

I would say two months minimum and we will miss his pace and tenacity. Surely Jesus should be back soon though?

Would like to see a return to the diamond after this injury. Pep binned it after the Everton drubbing but obviously personnel is much better now. Aguero with Sterling/Jesus ahead of Bernardo, KDB, Silva and Fernandinho.
Not sure now's the time. We actually played the diamond away at Feyenoord and Watford, two of our most dominant performances of the season. But I don't think we can go back to it as Mendy had a big influence in those performances.

how can anyone be certain it's one month two months etc without knowing details of scan and what grade tear it is. Mind boggling. Let's wait for them to give us clarification during Pep's next press conference.

This is absolutely devastating and could potentially fuck our cup competitions. We now have no width for 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.