Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo has played most games for City this season IIRC. Not most minutes for sure but he has played loads. And anyway why would he start over Sane or Sterling when both are on fire? Or KdB and Silva?

Weird post imo

They just offer completely different things. Mahrez offers you pace, trickery, width and beating players 1v1.

Bernardo gives you incredible vision, control of possession, great deliveries and ultimately will be in the middle.

Everyone seems to be forgetting we need a squad large enough to play in four competitions at a high level. As much as I want to see Diaz, Foden being given game time they arent ready yet to step up to play 20 games in the premier or a CL quarter final. This guy can and is experienced enough to help the younger players improve. By him signing it won't stop youngsters progressing and will make us stronger moving forward. Imagine playing Bernardo for a couple of games and then just replacing him with Mahrez for a couple of games etc. All players stay fit and fresh. The youngsters get their minutes coming on with 15 to go when we are 3 up etc. We can't run players into the ground because other players are not up to it. That said anything more than £40 - £50m would in my opinion be a joke although they did pay £25m for Kelechi.

hell, Bernardo Silva hasn't even been given a decent chance yet.

Exactly. What happens when Sane is fit? We're going to have a €60m reserve to go with B Silva.

People won't like to admit it but it means fuck all to have world class training and academy set ups if we can't bring a player into the first team. Sancho left for this reason and is starting for Dortmund. Foden will not be short of offers and don't blame the lad if he goes.

True but the market has gone up since then - Coutinho being an example.

We'd certainly have to break our record again, probably by quite a lot.

I doubt there is time anyway.
Probably why we’re trying to keep a lid on this. It’s very late but mahrez hasn’t been happy at all. We seem to be at £55m from the few comments going around which I think that’s fair.

Can they afford to turn it down ?

That’s one delayed response from Leicester, no wonder Mahrez has been fuming!
Response is the same then as it is now, someone bids what they consider the correct money and he will be allowed to leave. When people are spending £75m on defenders then we have every right to expect at the very least the same. He'd be in incredible in your team and I'd prefer him to go to you than anyone else if he has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.