City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Great article by Samuel who puts most of his media colleagues to shame. I think we are heading for a massive battle between the Premier League and the likes of Bayern, Barca, and Real. I'm not sure United are even part of the cartel any more as they will also lose out long-term if FFP2 comes in. The fight is now between the top English clubs, who are bloated with TV money, and the rest of Europe. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I wonder if our ongoing split with the EU will influence things.
FFP1 was the old G14 versus City Paris Málaga(at the time) and Monaco(at the time)

FFP2 is the elite clubs in Spain Italy Germany versus the Premier League as the Prem leaves them all behind

It’d be interesting if we start to push the Premier League so much that we start to say it’s a bigger and better competition than the Champions League. Start giving giant prize money for the winners and even for the FA Cup winners too and calling our champions “world champions” like they do in American sports.

What about ”Brexiting” UEFA and leaving the CL behind?

Who’d miss it in our fanbase really? I’m the only one in my group of mates who goes to CL games and loads of SC holders around where I sit don’t bother neither. Even me who goes, I don’t like the competition, it’s my fourth favourite of the four competitions.

FFP2 might have a more subtle aim. All things being equal, if clubs are limited to same transfer criteria, then the elite may think they stand a better chance signing a player who has more than one offer on the table. Play to the history and prestige they have without having to worry about being blown out of the water. Which makes me think this only works if there are salary controls too.

I can think of one group of powerful stakeholders this will impact negatively on, agents. They will get squeezed. There will be a lot of opposition to this.

FFP2 might have a more subtle aim. All things being equal, if clubs are limited to same transfer criteria, then the elite may think they stand a better chance signing a player who has more than one offer on the table. Play to the history and prestige they have without having to worry about being blown out of the water. Which makes me think this only works if there are salary controls too.

I can think of one group of powerful stakeholders this will impact negatively on, agents. They will get squeezed. There will be a lot of opposition to this.

I think players will be the big winner here. In terms of wages anyway. Instead of paying a selling club a high transfer fee players whose contract is up or say 1 year left can negotiate huge wages increase and signing on fee. Agents will still take their cut.

I think players will be the big winner here. In terms of wages anyway. Instead of paying a selling club a high transfer fee players whose contract is up or say 1 year left can negotiate huge wages increase and signing on fee. Agents will still take their cut.

This is why I suspect UEFA will be drawn into some ludicrous attempt at a wage cap which will land them in court with the players' associations against whom no sanction is possible in practice.

FFP1 was the old G14 versus City Paris Málaga(at the time) and Monaco(at the time)

FFP2 is the elite clubs in Spain Italy Germany versus the Premier League as the Prem leaves them all behind

It’d be interesting if we start to push the Premier League so much that we start to say it’s a bigger and better competition than the Champions League. Start giving giant prize money for the winners and even for the FA Cup winners too and calling our champions “world champions” like they do in American sports.

What about ”Brexiting” UEFA and leaving the CL behind?

Who’d miss it in our fanbase really? I’m the only one in my group of mates who goes to CL games and loads of SC holders around where I sit don’t bother neither. Even me who goes, I don’t like the competition, it’s my fourth favourite of the four competitions.

It would be like Brexit
BT pay the most of any broadcaster for domestic European football rights, £1.2B, so although English clubs take a larger share of the initial pool, UEFA would certainly miss British money

Anyone else see this as the green light to expand the stadium and develop around stadium, hotels etc.

The winners will be the traditional 'big club' owners who don't want to spend to much money or can't afford to as they can reduce their costs. Wages will definitely go up though. But probably not in line with transfer inflation.

I don't think their is any point expanding the staduim tbh. (in regard to FFP2) as revenue doesn't matter any more. It's net spend.

Unless they make regualations against it, the way round this is to have loads of home grown players coming through to either sell and increase Net expenditure or bring through into the first team.

Also our network of clubs around the world. Source the best local talent. Run their contract down and buy them cheaply or sign them when their contract is up. Need their agents on board for this though.

Basically it's a blantant stitch up and attack against not just us but all English clubs because of the huge TV deal. Also PSG pretty much flaunting FFP1 with there dodgy sponsership deal with Qatar.

FFP 3.0 - 1 Million Tweets = 1 million you can spend, this is doubled for every tweeted photo doing Dabs and Facebook likes. Team dancing also scores highly with UEFA meaning the African Zulus are now one of the richest clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.