Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, but I don`t think Bailey would be more than 70m. Just my opinion
Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Personally I think if any big side thought Bailey was attainable right now for €60m then they'd be going for it immediately.

With regards to Mahrez, i don't want to see chances restricted for the likes of Diaz and Bernardo Silva, but I think we can accommodate everyone whilst ensuring we have cover at times like this. I'd also argue that at 20yrs old Bailey would be more like to restrict our academy prospects chances than Mahrez. Diaz will only be 22 when Mahrez is 31. Like poeple keep saying, we have 60 games a season and some players have been overused so far.

Why do I keep seeing Bernado mentioned?

Bernado is NOT a winger. Neither is Diaz. Neither is Foden. Neither is Zinchenko.

We currently have TWO fit senior players for THREE attacking positions. Sane offered our only width on the left with Mendy being out. Sanchez would have been perfect, but that hasn't happened. Mahrez will fit our system perfectly, occupying full backs and moving into the CF position with Walker providing the width on the right, and Sterling doing Sane's job on the left.

Can I be the first to say IF it falls through that I didn't want him anyway!
Other than that I think he's an exceptional player, got a wand of a left foot and will be a great addition to our squad.

i think one of the main problems- if this happens is that it basically puts diaz back in the reserves, when i think he could be getting game time now, when sane is injured.
Absolutely, great chance for him to get a bit more game time and push his development. A mix of Bernardo, sterling, Diaz for a few weeks till Jesus is back is surely enough. Mahrez is 29 and been average for the last 2 seasons. Goes against everything we are doing in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.