Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
about Foden (17) and Diaz (18), they are still too young to play regularly.
it's not wise to risk them playing against most of the club which is more interested breaking City player legs.
Foden is now injured for some time because of this.
i like Pep way to gradually give them playing time.
serious physical injury and pressure are unnecessary for players at this age.
No one has said that they want Diaz or Foden to play regularly. We want them to be used as rotation, instead of signing someone for 60m

Never seen the media going on about Diaz and Foden when we was in for Sanchez, does really get so boring some of the bs they come up with to fit the agenda...not sure Foden even plays wing.

If Pep thinks they are ready they will play their part.

Even the (thought) of bidding has caused a media meltdown, god knows what would happen if he did sign..

Has anybody mentioned Rodney yet :)
e6703ade34ff46a157f04aa3dae909a0.jpg

We don’t have a ready replacement for either Sterling or Sané. We have a ton of players who can play midfield type positions, and with the injuries, we have needed them. However, Bernardo isn’t a left sided player, because he doesn’t have the speed to get around the outside and plays on the right, because he likes to come inside.

Sanchez is a similar kind of player to Mahrez...great link up, chips in with his share of goals, but younger and hopefully less divisive than Sanchez would have been. Additionally, Leicester know Mahrez has been itching to get out to play for a top team whose talents mirror those of his own.

We are trying to build a younger squad and Mahrez fits that narrative. And, heretical as it may be, David Silva isn’t going to be here forever and Mahrez is the closest thing I have seen to the kind of work he does down the channels, including Bernardo, who has improved dramatically in the last few outings.

All of that said, I would take Fred over Mahrez at this point. And, yes, I know they are vastly different players.

Pep made it clear that the club changed the transfer policy after the Sanchez deal was called off. Rather than waiting for the summer when transfer fees will again increase He said we would attempt to do some business in january

Also hinted that we might do all our business now.

Makes sense Laporte is in, get Mahrez in and tie down Fred for the summer and that’s it. I have question marks about Fred in the sole DM position but I won’t doubt Pep as he’s knows best especially for DMs.

because you never know he might be good enough.... and it would only be for the next few weeks..... such nonsense. oh my god a talented young player maybe getting a few games when sane is inured or coming off the bench. the horror ! you say a few years off ? so what 4/5 years before we give young players a chance ?

its not nonsense at all and is a perfectly sensible argument.

you're first statement beats you up. You never know he might be good enough. A risk.

Mahrez is less of a risk. He's potential world class and could add 10+ goals including assists to get us over the line

I absolutely love watching this guy play. He’ll take us to another level I’m that confident of it. Just pay whatever they want and get this over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.