Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would be willing to break our record for Mahrez. I'm gonna go £65M max

To be fair, we do tend to spend more on defenders than attackers. Sterling is still our most expensive attacker and the reported figures being offered are more than we paid for him.
That would be the exception in world football though, creative players are more often than not worth far more.

Because it improves us yes. From City’s prospective, not a hope man. £60m at a push.

We are not paying 90 mil now. Or 80.

Pep has gone to great lengths to warn Leicester of this.

If we had a transfer budget of 90 mil, in the summer, we would spend it on players we need, not players we want.

So where is Mahrez going ? Barca ? Nope. Real Madrid ? Nope. PSG ? If they sell Neymar would they use 70% of the money on Mahrez ? Utd ? Maybe as they have no plan, but they are full in those positions. City after refusing to pay it now ? Nope. Bayern Munich ? Not likely is it ?

So will Arsenal Spurs or Everton spend 90 mil on Mahrez ?

So will Mahrez just knuckle down & be an inspired matchwinner for Leicester next season ?

This is what some people seem to be missing. As good as our season has been so far, our squad is still not deep enough to challenge on all fronts when we have injuries (and we always have injuries!). One more injury to an attacking player and the Champions League is an impossibility. The club won't want that. This season has the potential to be truly special, but we're going to throw that away by having too thin a squad? I doubt it. Get this deal done. The inflated fee will not be a problem when we're sitting on a treble.
Agreed...great player...get the bugger in ASAP ....though I can see huge resistance (understandably) from Leicester

Rubbish, City wanted Sanchez long before Sane got injured, so its a lot more obvious that they have identified Mahrez to replace Sanchez, not Sane.
We were not in for Sanchez until Jesus got injured. There was a last minute enquiry when Jesus got injured by which time he was Utd bound.

I'm talking about the value he'd be for you in the summer if you signed him.

You don't seem to mention VVD or your new defender. £57m for an uncapped, untried defender in this league... bidding less than that for one of the best attacking players is a joke when you're talking about the owners of him being cash rich.

You forgetting he is pretty much refusing to play for your club? He hasn't travelled with the squad has he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.