City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Wait... I thought TV revenue does not count only revenue generated from the sale of other players?

Yes but I think he's saying that a net loss of 90 million in terms of transfer fees only can be easily afforded by EPL clubs and they will also be able to pay the best wages because they have the funds from TV money.

Is it true that Bayern Munich have the highest commercial income in the World? Why don't their deals get looked at? Must be a coincidence that stakeholder's in the club just happen to be commercial investor's as well.

UEFA and the league's/clubs in their pocket analyse their strong points compared to ours and tailor rules to suit them. It's hypocrisy and disgusting.
Problem for them is that now we are strong in revenue streams and are so well established in most financial and on field areas that it will be hard to knock us off our perch.

This new FFP2 reeks of absolute desperation.

Samuel nailed it. It is transparent and IF UEFA goes after City, I have no doubt the hammer will come down on them from a slew of Adu Dhabi based lawyers.

It is getting beyond a joke.

Football is becoming awash in so many billions of Euros that the corruption is becoming overt, and no one seems willing to say a damned thing, lest they lose theirs. Well, those that already have billions and are investing it into a long term business model for success are not going to appreciate the goalposts being moved every time they get into the 18 yard box.

Like it or not, we have crashed the party and we aren’t leaving without a fight, because the whole investment is based on being integral to the festivities!

Tv revenue to go down as less 'stars' are bought?

The Prem need to nip this in the bud but I suspect the same short-sightedness as FFP 1.0

Yes but I think he's saying that a net loss of 90 million in terms of transfer fees only can be easily afforded by EPL clubs and they will also be able to pay the best wages because they have the funds from TV money.
Errr it’s to stop another Leeds/ Portsmouth situation! Such desperation.

I'm more concerned what this will do to football, than what it will do to City.

I actually agree that transfer fees are reaching (have reached) the point where it has become utterly ridiculous and unsustainable, & I am also dead against City, Chelsea, Utd etc buying/enticing loads of kids to the clubs, with very little intention of playing them in the first team.

But the 'big' clubs have to have an advantage. That's the way football is.

So the 500k pw & ridiculous agent's fees which Utd are paying Sanchez, may just be the tip of the iceberg.

How do you get a player to sign for Real Madrid, when Everton can offer the same transfer fee ? Pay his agent 50 mil & give him 700k pw in wages.

All the money goes out of football. Which doesn't seem to bother UEFA, as they penalise Sheikh Mansour for putting money in, but help the Glazers stay in power at Utd.

I'm more concerned what this will do to football, than what it will do to City.

I actually agree that transfer fees are reaching (have reached) the point where it has become utterly ridiculous and unsustainable, & I am also dead against City, Chelsea, Utd etc buying/enticing loads of kids to the clubs, with very little intention of playing them in the first team.

But the 'big' clubs have to have an advantage. That's the way football is.

So the 500k pw & ridiculous agent's fees which Utd are paying Sanchez, may just be the tip of the iceberg.

How do you get a player to sign for Real Madrid, when Everton can offer the same transfer fee ? Pay his agent 50 mil & give him 700k pw in wages.

All the money goes out of football. Which doesn't seem to bother UEFA, as they penalise Sheikh Mansour for putting money in, but help the Glazers stay in power at Utd.

Re last para the majority of owners surely invested to get money out of their investment that they could use elsewhere?.

Our owner continues to invest because our business plan requires further topups until we reach the next phase whereas others in the G14 just want the global pot to be shared equally hence the FFP barrier to entry.
Unfortunately for them we continue to be successful both financially and on the field so we are forcing others to spend just to keep up which was not in the plan so few want this to happen because it reduces the dividends they can get and threatens everything they aspired to do via the cartel.

Currently the pot is biased towards PL clubs so they are redrafting it with equality for the top clubs to be the continuing aim. Still illegal in the real world but seemingly cartels of this nature are untouchable from a legal point of view.

Just my opinion as a non expert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.