Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz is not the answer and I’m surprised at the clamour for him to be.

Kid is scarcely wet behind the ears in terms of how little first team football he’s played and when we are looking so strong in so many competitions it seems crazy to me that people think he is who we need to turn to in order to get trophies over the line. The academy will bear its fruit and I believe the best way for that to happen is for the club to be so comfortable that playing kids in games isn’t a risk.
12 points clear with a game against Stoke coming up? Perfect time for a kid. Champions League semi vs Barcelona? Not the game for Diaz.

We are pushing for a domestic treble and have a great chance at the Champions League, would I care less if we paid £60m for a player in January if we win half those trophies, absolutely not.

Pep has deserved the right for me to trust him in his transfers and choice of players, we’ve lost one meaningful game all season. I’ll trust him until he starts to get things pretty wrong at our club.

I didn't actually realise that Mahrez has got his form back. I was basing my opinion of him on last season's form. He has actually been brilliant this season and unsung for Leicester. If we get Mahrez, four of the top 10 assist providers will be City. That's goals from many parts of the pitch.

Not too bad with the goals as well at 8. That's 16 involvement in goals. He's a good fit for City and will surely be more productive in a team that has more of the ball and more channels.

I wouldn't mind if we get him for £60-70m. Him being high up the goals and assists stats considering the form Leicester is in is very telling of what he is capable of. And he was very very good when they won the title, so good that some speculated on PEDs.

Hopefully we get him this January rather than the summer.

He is a good player, but Sanchez can play up top so could understand that , he can’t. I know Sané is injured which is a shame but what does this say to the players who can fill in.

Bernardo, zinchenko, Diaz, Foden, Jesus, sterling , silva , kdb - even sane , he is injured and we have signed a player for in his position whist he is out for 5 weeks or so.

I would have liked another pure striker .

Interesting idea, but the manager has catagorically stated beyond all doubt, that he absolutely doesn't want one & wants a player who can move around instead. Interstingly, he said this before Sane got injured.

So it's down to which of you the club decides to back in the transfer market I suppose ;)

Diaz is not the answer and I’m surprised at the clamour for him to be.

Kid is scarcely wet behind the ears in terms of how little first team football he’s played and when we are looking so strong in so many competitions it seems crazy to me that people think he is who we need to turn to in order to get trophies over the line. The academy will bear its fruit and I believe the best way for that to happen is for the club to be so comfortable that playing kids in games isn’t a risk.
12 points clear with a game against Stoke coming up? Perfect time for a kid. Champions League semi vs Barcelona? Not the game for Diaz.

We are pushing for a domestic treble and have a great chance at the Champions League, would I care less if we paid £60m for a player in January if we win half those trophies, absolutely not.

Pep has deserved the right for me to trust him in his transfers and choice of players, we’ve lost one meaningful game all season. I’ll trust him until he starts to get things pretty wrong at our club.
Imagine an injury crisis and we have Madrid in the CL semi final and Diaz is one of our forwards. The game would pass him by and then people would be slating him and Pep!

I didn't actually realise that Mahrez has got his form back. I was basing my opinion of him on last season's form. He has actually been brilliant this season and unsung for Leicester. If we get Mahrez, four of the top 10 assist providers will be City. That's goals from many parts of the pitch.

Not too bad with the goals as well at 8. That's 16 involvement in goals. He's a good fit for City and will surely be more productive in a team that has more of the ball and more channels.

I wouldn't mind if we get him for £60-70m. Him being high up the goals and assists stats considering the form Leicester is in is very telling of what he is capable of. And he was very very good when they won the title, so good that some speculated on PEDs.

Hopefully we get him this January rather than the summer.
What people need to understand, is that when our team is performing badly it's going to make Mahrez less effective. We were absolutely dog muck after the title win, it's asking a lot of a player to produce when the only supply he's getting is 40 metre punts form Danny Simpson and no other Leicester player within 30metre, surrounded by about 5 players.

He's never lost his skill or ability, he's just not been put in a position to succeed as well as he can.

Yes I'm a Leicester fan and you'll call me biased, but he's sensational. He would absolutely rip it up in the way you set up to attack, rather than living off scraps. I'd have him over Sterling any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.