Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. No point hiding an opinion to save face.
Arrogant as it sounds, its true.

I'd say right now we are as good as Barcelona. Comparing us to Leicester is a Completely different argument. We are streets ahead.
So now you're a mind-reader? I'm thinking that putting in a transfer request is fine but if he is refusing to honour his contract then he's a twat, same as I thought of Tevez when he fucked off for 6 months.

Fucking hell SSN is shocking.

I can't take much more of it....I know no real surprise but discussing symbols of players twitter accounts.....& Nat Sawyer is looking a bit rough these days....still would tho.

Algeria aren't in Russia this summer so it's not like his value will shoot up if he has a great tournament, if that's what Leicester are thinking. They aren't going to be in relegation trouble and not in touching distance of a top 4 place. Likeliest outcome is getting 7th place and a Europa League spot. They've little to gain by keeping him.
Well, judging by some of the posts on here, they’ll be losing the saviour of all mankind which, I think you’ll agree, is a fairly big loss for them.

Ooooo don't like that last sentence. Very un City like even if I know where you are coming from.
Sadly, it is becoming less and less city-like. Far more people turning into self-entitled wannabees far quicker than I ever imagined and turning into all the things they always proclaimed to despise in other clubs and their behaviours.

Don't go all Arsenal, I'm more than happy for the lad to move to you at the right price. Out of all the clubs at the top, you'd be my pick because I've seen what Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool fans are like after the links he's had with them. Arrogant bunch of bells who think that every other club should just bend over because they are the mighty "insert team here" and we should be grateful that they'd even be interested in our crappy players.

Man City fans seem a totally different sort, you know what it's like quite recently to be down in league one, to fight your way back, to get moaned at for spending a bit of cash. The Arrogance and the ship jumping wankers haven't taken a hold just yet, hope it stay that way.
When you won the league I stated that Vardy moving to Arsenal would be a sideways step, but the financial backing you have isn't enough to keep you there- and that's a shame. Football all boils down to money now and if it weren't for us winning the lottery with Sheikh Mansour we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are now. We'd probably be fighting relegation in the Championship probably? Who knows.
As for Mahrez, we have had to let players go such as SWP and Kinkladze as we didn't match the ambitions of the player and both players were simply too good enough for our team.

Algeria aren't in Russia this summer so it's not like his value will shoot up if he has a great tournament, if that's what Leicester are thinking. They aren't going to be in relegation trouble and not in touching distance of a top 4 place. Likeliest outcome is getting 7th place and a Europa League spot. They've little to gain by keeping him.
For us Mahrez is the difference between catching Arsenal in 6th and finishing 13/14th... when you have £2m+ in prize money per place, a winnable FA Cup game next, a real possibility of Europe. His sale and no time to get any decent replacement could quite possibly cost us £20m+.

So whilst we might not have as much to play for as you, we stand to lose a huge chunk of cash. So any bid needs to cover out potential fall in income as well as matching what he's worth as a player. That's why £55m doesn't look a good deal for us in any shape or form. Whether we'd ever get a bid that high again makes no difference right now.

The point I'm trying to make is Liverpool didn't want to pay £75m, their first bid in the summer was nowhere near close. They then went back with another hugely increased bid in January. Do we really think they suddenly thought he was worth £25m more, or they realised to get the player they want they have to pay what saints wanted. Surely you don't think Saints should have taken the first offer below their valuation. Or Everton should have accepted the lower offers for Stones before they got what they wanted?
Think you've misunderstood. I don't think Leicester overvalue Mahrez. If you think he's worth 70 million and we pay it, then he wasn't overvalued. If you think he's worth 70 million and we don't buy, I still don't think he's overvalued - you may get a buyer at a different time who'll pay that. The only time you could say 70 million was an overvaluation is if, eventually, he goes for less.

Ederson
Walker Stones Ota Laporte
Dinho
DS KDB
Bernardo Kun Raz

Subs
Gundog, Zinchenko, Vk, Diaz, Danilo, Yaya

That's why we need Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.