Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar and PSG have completely distorted the market. Saying that given that we are technically spending our summer transfer budget early we could quite possibly acquire Mahrez and Fred now. Fred won’t arrive instantly though.

In the summer I think Danilio will ask to leave freeing up a spot and some income.

Hope there are a lot of addons if its going to be 70 million. Crazy money.

So is 75 for a Southampton centre half, 45m for a pretty average play maker from Swansea. 50m for fullbacks who have never got close to winning player of the year awards. It's all madness in terms of fee's but compared to all those deals 70m for Mahrez at 26 looks very reasonable.

It's rather Machevallian by City and not sure I'm entirely comfortable with it.

If the move doesn't go through then Mahrez's form could dip as he wanted the move (like Sanchez) and his worth at the end of the season could be less than half the £60-70m it is now. City must think Leicester will have to weigh up that dynamic and will force their hand in this window realising they may not get as much for him in the summer.

All the deals in the past few years put together which Txiki has shaved off 5 mil, is the difference between being in for Mahrez now & not.

Oh right,we shall be left disappointed then eh ? Good job there is a match tonight,I can't take much more of this all afternoon and evening.

And a reminder for those not going,there is a match tonight remember to take your mind eleswhere

I agree with your point that youngsters need to be integrated into a strong team. Not one where we have made six or seven changes. Still think with us playing 60 odd games per season that a squad with 22 potential starters can be accommodated with good rotation. Still room for 2 or 3 kids. At the moment we need cover at wing, left back, defensive midfield, goalkeeper. That’s without taking into account injuries.
I agree on the defensive midfielder a si don't think anybody else at the club can do what fern can do, not sure about the keeper, hell we have to give one of the youths a bit of a sniff, we can't have 3 premium ready keepers, or the likes of Gunn and the big fella that played in the summer, (can't quiet get his name to come out lol) may as well not bother with us for a career. I would have liked to have seen Foden, Diaz or even Zin given a chance at left wing or left wing back for the later, admittedly against lesser teams to start and see how it goes, Zinchenko has impressed in his games so far considering he is not a left back.

Not that it matters really, I am pissing into the wind hoping to see us fetch the youth through faster tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.