Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't blame the club, Sanchez was a luxury at the wages/price and Mahrez is way beyond that. Don't forget Barcelona got Coutinho for £110m or so and he has far more potential. If Coutinho is worth £110m, Mahrez £90m, KDB must be worth £300m.... All of this kind of puts the Neymar transfer into perspective now!

Jesus will be back soon, Mendy will be back soon, it isn't all doom and gloom and we don't know just yet exactly how long Sane will be out. The biggest issue I have is not the injuries but it is can KDB, Sterling and Fernandinho play 3 times a week.

Hopefully there is still air in the Fred transfer for today which I think is far more important than Mahrez.

Puts huge pressure on Bernardo, Kun and Sterling over the next 4 weeks or so.

Could really damage us.

1) The cup final isn't for a month against a side in utter disarray who we tonked earlier
2) We face the easiest side we could do in CL with leg 2 at home
3) We have a 12 point lead in the league and play neither of the sides closest to us til March and April respectively (and beat them both on the road before)
4) We wouldn't be likely to run a full boat of starters out against Wigan in the FAC anyhow

Not being arrogant . . . It's going to be hardER . . . but such are the travails in this business. I think we can manage. This side has guts.

Our tactics on the last day of both this seasons windows are bizzare, not quite sure what city expectations were but both bids were doomed.
We’ve had 60 mill waiting for Sanchez or mahrez for a while now but we throw in last minute bids.

The losses of Sane and Jesus are huge and in context of this season we have games against WBA, Burnley, Leicester, Basel twice, Arsenal twice, Chelsea and Wigan before we get Jesus back. So that's 9 matches with only Bernardo, Aguero and Sterling to play as our front three. I think we've left ourselves incredibly short.

Before the transfer window opened an injury to Fernandinho left us exposed now an injury to any one of 4 players in the next 5 weeks means either a change in formation or throwing Brahim or Nmecha in.

Those games aren't exactly title deciders.

Basel wouldnt get us out of the UCL
We would beat Arsenal to the cup
We are playing Chelsea at home so worse scenario a draw
We might lose to the arse away they always turn it up. But thats just 3 points. So we would still be in a very good position.

As for the front 3. Kdb can always go back to the right, he used to thrive there under the charming man. Raz goes to the left. Kun upfront. Dave behind kun. Gundo and dinho as the cm and dm its not all bad tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.