Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are very light on attacking options going into the business end of the season. We may regret our choices in this window. Especially targeting heavily 2 players and walking away with no back up plan.

Yeah, gutted we've only got Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne and the Silvas to rely on.

Me too. I'd love to go back and look at all the usual suspects moaning about how stupid we were to have Delph covering for Mendy.
Too many think we are being managed by someone like Allardyce with a shitload of cash.
Trust the boss, trust the suits. They're making mostly correct calls so far.

Wonder whose idea it was for him to hand in a transfer request ? If it was him to force Leicester's hand I presume he feels like he's been stiffed with the fact we didn't even submit a formal bid. £60m was the offer and a pretty derisory one at that considering we gave Bilbao £57m for Laporte and Liverpool £75m for Van Dyck - both of whom are not at Mahrez's level. I don't blame Leicester for turning us down. He must have thought we were going to go balls deep to prise him away with so little time in the window left. Not sure we couldn't have handled this a lot better but in many ways, it may suit us that he hasn't come once we get our injured stars back. Need to get another wide player and a DM and maybe LB cover in the summer though.

Yeah, gutted we've only got Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne and the Silvas to rely on.
considering two of those are still injured long term and one is dealing with personal injuries....yea we are short

Bit disappointed as all the rumours were we'd be trying to sort our summer business now....Missed on Sanchez, so went all in for Fred, gave up on Fred to go after Mahrez and missed on Mahrez....Laporte was an excellent signing but as we paid his release clause, we didnt need to do much negotiating. Think its clear we really are playing hardball on frees for these players. Lets hope everyone stays fit for the next 6weeks, if not, we might start regretting walking away from some of these deals.

Still cant get over this is the 2nd window we've now gone hard after a player on last day only to see us fall short....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.