Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather pay nearly double for Dybala as long as he is still with his hot ass girlfriend. Seemed to suffer without her.

Neannderthals 'r' us then - what a prospect.

Cardiff tackles in the offing ?

The ref will keep a lid on it....

Mr_Blobby%2C_2009.jpg

Stone also contradicts himself by saying we were interested in Mahrez as plan B when Sanchez fell through.

So which is it? Leicester contacted us yesterday with a player plus cash idea or did we contact them several weeks ago?
We might have made an enquiry some time ago and found the asking price too much to pay. Leicester then came to us and proposed a deal which made us think that they were willing to play ball. On further negotiation it may have been found that they were trying to take the piss so we walked away.
I don't know if that is what happened but it would explain the contradiction.

So in other words, no matter what, you'd be flapping? Come on mate. This season has exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations to this point; if we have a hiccup or two because of a bad injury streak we'll go from an unprecedentally spectacular year to just an outstanding one.

Think you are looking at this with a lot of hindsight.
There's no flapping on my part. Nobody is calling it a disaster. All I'm saying is to not bring somebody in now is very likely going to hamper us in our quest for the quadruple. Obviously it's all ifs and buts right now but If it does, i think we will look back and see it as a missed opportunity when something as "simple" as bringing in an extra body(not specifically mahrez) could be the difference.

There is something odd about this transfer as it has been reported so it would not be a surprise that there is more we don't know about it yet as I have suggested in a few posts earlier.

As reported over the past day in here - Leicester wanted £90 m and we offered £50 m. Then a bit more up to £55 m. Way off the figure Leicester wanted yesterday.

But we kept on.

Overnight the feeling was almost certainly not going anywhere. City staff told this morning not expecting any incomings today.

Then lunchtime we hear from Tolmie that Mahrez put in transfer last night and kicking off and they spoke to the owner this morning who agreed to let him go for £70 m.

All day after that stories of Leicester edging closer with their fee dropping and in the end not far apart.

Tolmie said it was about £10 m and if we stump up it will be done.

Then suddenly late afternoon - we pull out and all off because they wanted £90m - the figure from yesterday.

The only thing that makes sense of the gap is that we thought £70 m including a player would do it and they wanted £70 m PLUS a player worth £20 - so never budged from the £90 m total.

If it wasn't that and now we hear they came to us asking for a player (my guess that was today to try to get the deal done and not yesterday - but who knows).

We will find out the story of this odd transfer and it might change our perceptions of what City did here and why.

What planet are city on? Tapping up a player a day before deadline then wanting to do it on our terms, plus leaving Leicester with a right mess on their hands after mahrez handed in a transfer request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.