Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just go from one negative (that gets questioned) to another.

it was pointed out that he's handed in a transfer request a few times in the past, so agreed it was a fair point. attacking options are not looking good off the bench? Is that not fair to say? Or am I just making it up that we thin in attacking options?

You just go from one negative (that gets questioned) to another.

comments below from M.E.N...(the lack of attacking options when fighting on 4 fronts is a "negative" impact on the squad....I see no wrong in my comment!)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-vs-wba-live-14228616

Squad depth
A glance at City’s subs bench tonight will tell you why the Blues have been so keen to land a forward in this window, until attempts for Alexis Sanchez and Riyad Mahrez both failed.
They have just Brahim Diaz to change things in an attacking sense, and if they are to make progress on four trophy fronts, they are still thin on the ground.
Nearest challengers United have six forwards for three front slots, but City at the moment have three senior players for three, plus teenager Diaz.
There is a long-held myth that City have a huge squad. They don’t – all season they have been a couple of injuries away from reaching the bottom of the barrel. Now they are very close.

comments below from M.E.N...(the lack of attacking options when fighting on 4 fronts is a "negative" impact on the squad....I see no wrong in my comment!)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-vs-wba-live-14228616

Squad depth
A glance at City’s subs bench tonight will tell you why the Blues have been so keen to land a forward in this window, until attempts for Alexis Sanchez and Riyad Mahrez both failed.
They have just Brahim Diaz to change things in an attacking sense, and if they are to make progress on four trophy fronts, they are still thin on the ground.
Nearest challengers United have six forwards for three front slots, but City at the moment have three senior players for three, plus teenager Diaz.
There is a long-held myth that City have a huge squad. They don’t – all season they have been a couple of injuries away from reaching the bottom of the barrel. Now they are very close.

I can't understand how the club is happy to risk trophies by having such a small squad, surely Txiki and co must look at the bench and fixtures and injuries and think we need to get another forward in now.

I can't understand how the club is happy to risk trophies by having such a small squad, surely Txiki and co must look at the bench and fixtures and injuries and think we need to get another forward in now.

It isn’t small. We have the same number as anyone else. Maybe the question should be why we have so many attacking midfielders and not enough first team worthy defensive midfielders and attackers.

As many said at the time, renewing Yaya’s contract was a mistake and maybe even signing Silva instead of Sanchez or Mahrez, a luxury.

Having said that, I think we have the manager and players like Silva and Gundy to be just fine with a little tactical flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.