Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull out of this and just like clockwork, two injuries. Who didn't see that coming? I pray that we have some kind of option to fall back on, because the squad is looking really light. We should have held Jack Harrison back until we at least knew what was happening...

It isn’t small. We have the same number as anyone else. Maybe the question should be why we have so many attacking midfielders and not enough first team worthy defensive midfielders and attackers.

As many said at the time, renewing Yaya’s contract was a mistake and maybe even signing Silva instead of Sanchez or Mahrez, a luxury.

Having said that, I think we have the manager and players like Silva and Gundy to be just fine with a little tactical flexibility.

You can question the squad when we are failing to win games. Paying the askin price for Mahrez potentially fucks over any summer business the club might see as worthwhile to our long term goals. We bought Sane and Sterling and Bernardo for big money with 10plus years ahead of them. Mahrez has another 6 but costs double.

The club know the market is inflated in places but our ability to sign the aforementioned and De Bruyne and Jesus in recent history for circa 50m or under makes Leicester's price outrageous.

For double that you get Neymar who covers the price in shirt sales and marketing in the first few years. Mahrez does not do that. We cannot panic purely because of injuries. We are still in a strong position and who knows Diaz might be needed and might just be better.

You can question the squad when we are failing to win games. Paying the askin price for Mahrez potentially fucks over any summer business the club might see as worthwhile to our long term goals. We bought Sane and Sterling and Bernardo for big money with 10plus years ahead of them. Mahrez has another 6 but costs double.

The club know the market is inflated in places but our ability to sign the aforementioned and De Bruyne and Jesus in recent history for circa 50m or under makes Leicester's price outrageous.

For double that you get Neymar who covers the price in shirt sales and marketing in the first few years. Mahrez does not do that. We cannot panic purely because of injuries. We are still in a strong position and who knows Diaz might be needed and might just be better.
Hey, you’re preaching to the choir here. I’m the guy that’s been saying we didn’t need Mahrez. But I’m right in that Yaya is a waste of a squad slot and anothe DM or striker would have been a better use of tbe slot and the wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.