Burnley (a) pre-match thread

Burnley (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Komps in for for Laporte and Danilo in for zinchenko the only changes for me. No real need to rest got a week of after this one,near enough a training game last night so energy levels will be decent. Keep the momentum and get the win!

imo we've got to stretch the pitch in this one, cant be looking down the middle:

ederson
walker
otamendi
laporte
zinch
fern
debruyne
bernardo
sterling
aguero
diaz

i'd be a bit worried if we went sterling left and silva right against a packed burnley back line, but it seemed to work against west brom so..

Strongest possible team please if D Silva ok he should play if not Gundogan. Diaz on the bench. Prefer Laporte over Komps those diagonal balls he played last night a joy to watch.

Will be interesting to see how Burnley approach the rest of the season, I mean what are their objectives now? Relegation avoided, brief dream of top 6 gone, out of cups. Might be difficult to be totally motivated if you know you're going to finish somewhere between 7th-10th. I know they're on a poor run of form, could this be a factor?

There's absolutely no chance that any of our players were at 100% last night, West Brom weren't interested. The Cardiff game, shite tackles aside, was also a stroll in the park. Burnley will be totally different - they will be right up for it. It all gets interesting again with the cup final and Champions League.

Agreed.
Also good to see the Blues in a fantastic mood at the moment. KDB is incredible, Bernardo getting better and better, and Sergio is back to his best, showing a very positive body language. I loved his reaction last night when KDB scored for 2-0, cheering when he also could have scored but KDB chose a 1-2 with Raz.
I think they are also playing for the injured lads. Team spirit is high, flying right now.
Burnley isn't convincing at home this season, I think they will have a very long Saturday lunch.

Even if we have important players out, the situation is developing quite well.
We have a good chance to bring the league title home against lower table teams, over the next weeks.

In the meantime we can focus on Wembley for silverware in February. We'll see...
We will go all out vs Basel, who return from winter break now. We should have far too much for them.
Then we can rotate around the big CL matches to come, and FA cup.

Jesus and Leroy should be back ready during March, maybe Delph too. And Phil.
Not a bad outlook that.

IF D Silva is out I'd give B Silva the chance in that role. Maybe even give Diaz a start? maybe its too soon to ask a full game from Diaz but I think B Silva would work wonders in the middle. Pep will probably just put Gundo in but yh.

Ederson - Walker Otamendi Laporte Danilo - Dinho KDB (B) Silva - Sterling Aguero (Zinchenko) Diaz?

Too soon for 3 ATB? Hopefully Silva isn't too bad and is fit to play. Our midfield is unbelievable with them 3 all performing.

Strongest 11 for this game and Leicester. Rest players against Chelsea and Arsenal in the league due to the cup fixtures. We can afford to draw/lose a couple so we might as well rest them in games where we could possibly lose points in. We need to concentrate on getting the wins against the 9 or so easier games. Yes I am saying we throw the chelsea and arsenal games so I've got my tin hat on ready for the abuse
Why would you say that ??? You don't mind City throwing a game against our rivals ?? Think you need to go n have a lie down pal.

This could be a bit of a baptism of fire for Laporte atm
Wouldn't be starting Zinchenko here either as they will target him aerially

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Danilo
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Gundogan
Sterling Aguero Bernardo

Bravo Zinchenko Stones/Tosin Laporte Toure Brahim Nmecha

We'll have a week off after this so no rests.​
Sound reasoning. I'd go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.