Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right that nearly all the bad challenges are from British players ?

I've noticed that too, only a negligible amount are non brit/english.

Which makes me wonder, would it take a major injury to a top english player before the authorities take action, not sterling obviously but someone like harry kane.

Prevention is always better than cure.

At least Dann didn't go for the man, just stuck himself in the way to make de Bruyne fall over him (at least to my memory of it!). Definitely not in the same category as most of the others.
Can’t remember it clearly but you’re probably right . Just remember a bit of a fuss but it was overshadowed because he injured himself.

And I know Spurs players aren't targeted, they are the ones doing the hacking down, but you never know what someone like Maclean could do, give players like him an inch and they will eventually take a mile, and why not?

If someone does compile the catalogue of horror tackles, it would be best if it included the full footage of all tackles and not just the final incident. For example, Yacob’s shocking lunge on Gundogan is only fully appreciated when you see how far he ran and how long he had to think before scything him down; the same is true for Puncheon and McLean.

On another point, it’s time managers were called out for the ‘he’s only a winger/striker’ and they ‘ don’t really know who to tackle’ excuse. These are professional players who know exactly what they are doing and so do their managers, so come on journalists, do your job.
I've been saying this for years. At the top level of ANY sport, the participants know EXACTLY what they're doing. There's no such thing as a mistimed tackle at this level, it's deliberate. Scholes basically said that in his book. The old argument that he couldn't tackle was exposed for the bollocks it was. Ask Zabaleta at Wembley, for example.

Kevin De Bruyne on James McClean's challenge on him: "Let’s just say the ball was not in the neighbourhood. The referee said to me he didn’t touch me good enough to get the red card but obviously I told him, ‘I saw the guy, I was jumping’."

kev and bernie speaking out today
If this is true then Madley should be sent to hell. What about the foul on Diaz then, did he not touch Diaz enough to get a straight red card, the double standards are atrocious, he was waist high on him with studs going down his leg. Madley on the basis of this admission has no excuse for not sending the player off.

City players have been at the centre of 10 controversial incidents this season when opponents have escaped with a booking or no censure for challenges that could have yielded red cards and, in some cases, caused injury. [Telegraph]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...urges-referees-clamp-x-rated-challenges-amid/

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...iola-complaints-heavy-tackles-manchester-city

Let's keep this campaign going please.
Good, glad it’s out there and being talked about. Hopefully it’ll be in the refs’ minds to punish them accordingly but, most importantly, be in the players’ minds to stop doing it.

Kevin de Bruyne is right “a pull of a shirt will do the same thing” they don’t have to go flying in, full body weight, studs up.

If this is true then Madley should be sent to hell. What about the foul on Diaz then, did he not touch Diaz enough to get a straight red card, the double standards are atrocious, he was waist high on him with studs going down his leg. Madley on the basis of this admission has no excuse for not sending the player off.
Or being a referee.

I've been saying this for years. At the top level of ANY sport, the participants know EXACTLY what they're doing. There's no such thing as a mistimed tackle at this level, it's deliberate. Scholes basically said that in his book. The old argument that he couldn't tackle was exposed for the bollocks it was. Ask Zabaleta at Wembley, for example.

Quite.
Players get away with whatever they're allowed to. If Scholes had copped half a dozen red cards early on, he'd have either stopped trying to cripple people or learned how to tackle properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.