Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this, lol, and don't think i'd call it genius..

Leicester City fan's genius email to Man City about tickets perfectly sums up Riyad Mahrez transfer saga - ...
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-city-fans-genius-email-1154612.amp
What a very strange world we live in that a newspaper would report such utter drivel. And what a stupid, mirthless **** the person is who sent that email. Club makes offers for a player, other club turns them down, big fucking deal. Why is anyone acting like this isn't something that happens regularly? Anyway his email would only have been pertinent if City were charging £200 a ticket and he had emailed saying he wanted to pay £50 for a ticket.

i dont think any of us can question Mahrez stand on this. We are all not privy to what he was or wasnt promised. Sometimes its not all about money. and having been greatly successful 2 years ago i dare say he saw more medals for himself ( hopefully) by coming to us. For the record i think he is a quality player and would have helped us through this injury crisis and beyond Possibly because of the Sanchez deal in my head i dont see him coming here in the summer PEP has stated a few times that we cannot pay for £100 million plus players but if the transfer market remains so buoyant he might have to have rethink this . Because to get the best we will be competing with teams who dine at the top table

Just saw this, lol, and don't think i'd call it genius..

Leicester City fan's genius email to Man City about tickets perfectly sums up Riyad Mahrez transfer saga - ...
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-city-fans-genius-email-1154612.amp

Dear Simon,

As you are probably aware our standard price for this category ticket is £30 for the game against Leicester. However, City have been playing so well this season that we feel the level of entertainment has increased so much as the season has progressed.

Therefore, we have decided to increase the ticket price for your fans to £60. It's non-negotiable, of course...and be sure not to miss out as there are only 10 days remaining to matchday.

We look forward to your contribution towards a lively atmosphere on the day.

Sorry but I don't agree with any of that. Nobody other than the player and the Club know exactly what happened over the 4 years he has been with them. He helped bring them up from the Championship, won PL title. Leicester have not come out and said they did not promise they'd let him go, they are however on record as having said they told him he could go for a fair price.

Also couldn't care about him going AWOL, I'd still take him at City - Dembele did same at BVB as did our very own Sancho - it hasn't harmed their careers and Barca and BVB (for Sancho) did not dodge any bullets.

Lol. What does a promise mean to anyone? Nothing. If he knew he'd want to leave he should have either

A) Signed a shorter contract,
or
B) Pushed for a release clause.

No one to blame but himself and his agent.

Hi guys, Leicester fan here and I come in peace. From a Leicester perspective what I can tell you about Mahrez is that his 95 million price tag will not be lowered in the summer whether he goes on strike or not, our owners are very rich and very stubborn. I reckon you have Liverpool to thank for that price tag after how much they sold Coutinho for, and statistically speaking Mahrez is better than Coutinho anyway. Our owners are aware of this information, hence the large price tag. These are people who preferred to loan a fringe player in Slimani to Newcastle for free when they had a chance to sell to West Ham for decent money. All because of something West Ham board member Karen Brady said that they didn't like in an article in the sun. Rest assured that if Man City came back in the summer with a take it or leave it 65 million offer then our owners will tell you to do one and probably refuse to sell to you in the future. Your owners are minted and our owners are aware of this too, they aren't stupid. They are somewhat legends in Leicester because the club always comes first before money, manager or any player. If they say the price is 95 million then you have two options, pay it or don't pay it.

Hi guys, Leicester fan here and I come in peace. From a Leicester perspective what I can tell you about Mahrez is that his 95 million price tag will not be lowered in the summer whether he goes on strike or not, our owners are very rich and very stubborn. I reckon you have Liverpool to thank for that price tag after how much they sold Coutinho for, and statistically speaking Mahrez is better than Coutinho anyway. Our owners are aware of this information, hence the large price tag. These are people who preferred to loan a fringe player in Slimani to Newcastle for free when they had a chance to sell to West Ham for decent money. All because of something West Ham board member Karen Brady said that they didn't like in an article in the sun. Rest assured that if Man City came back in the summer with a take it or leave it 65 million offer then our owners will tell you to do one and probably refuse to sell to you in the future. Your owners are minted and our owners are aware of this too, they aren't stupid. They are somewhat legends in Leicester because the club always comes first before money, manager or any player. If they say the price is 95 million then you have two options, pay it or don't pay it.

You will have a very unhappy player on your books until he goes on a free if you are holding out for £95m

We took the second option. Simple.

(good luck for the rest of the season btw)

Does their word given to the player count for nothing then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.