What teams did people at your school support?

Went to primary school in Newton Heath and secondary school in Moston. Was a mix of blues and rags. More rags in Newton Heath where as there were more blues in Moston. Not a massive split though.

All rags just a scattering of blues who all went to the match by the way,big united clic kiddo and nobby.

Apart from one lad who decided to support Coventry after the 1987 FA cup final win ( He actually went to Highfield Road for games and Coventry away matches in the North West ) It was an even split between us and the rags.
I always remember the FA Youth cup final against Utd. A lad in my year who was a bit doolalee was in the Utd end hat, scarf & shirt the lot. When City won I watched him ditch his Utd gear run bare chested onto the pitch, nick a City fans hat and join in the celebrations. He was nuts teachers had to wear false ties with the elastic as his party piece was trying to strangle them with the real ones.

School in Preston in the 80’s and mostly Liverpool fans, united, PNE and Blackburn and then me the City fan. Loved being the only one and though got loads of stick for it wouldn’t swap it for the world.

I
Pretty much 50-50 City or Man U at Wilbraham in the early 70's. Coincidentally both managers lived round the corner from each other then, Joe Mercer on St Werburghs Road and Busby on Kings Road, rather like today with Pep living pretty much across the road from Mourinho's hotel.

I went to Wilbraham mid to late 70s and it was pretty even though probably slightly more blues than reds. Great school and we produced the likes of Paul Hart Roger Palmer Alex Williams Clive and Eugene Wilson and Eric Nixon for the blues and other clubs !

I

I went to Wilbraham mid to late 70s and it was pretty even though probably slightly more blues than reds. Great school and we produced the likes of Paul Hart Roger Palmer Alex Williams Clive and Eugene Wilson and Eric Nixon for the blues and other clubs !

My 'claim to fame' is that I played in the same school team as Roger Palmer. Nigel Hart, who was Paul's younger brother was in the same team, he went on to make a career in the lower leagues, Chesterfield, Stockport and Lincoln to name a few. Alex is president of our supporters club and is a good lad, Eric, and his four brothers, lived up the road from me in Withington.

My experience in Macclesfield in the 80s was that it was maybe 60% rags, 20% blues, 10% Liverpool and 10% others. Luckily on my road there were 4 blues, only 1 rag and 1 other. It's all peer pressure. Two things that stick in my mind are that there was one guy about fourteen who had not been to a match. He went to a rags game and then to a city game. He decided that he preferred the atmosphere at City so wore a blue scarf at school the Monday after the match and got loads of stick so decided to support the rags. Another was a lad who moved up from London who supported Arsenal. He wore an Arsenal shirt the day after the rags beat them heavily at Highbury. I think it was 1991 he got loads of stick and the next day he was a rag. They really were / are just sheep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.