Mocking someone with depression

Cunts being Cunts. We all do it.

Leave it at that and we can all move on
those taunting can move on but the one being taunted can't

He said: "I had fans shouting on the pitch to me shortly after I did my story, 'go and hang yourself and do it right this time'.

"I've had other players mentioning me slitting my wrists and stuff.

"You get the fans that come in and pay their money, they say what they want and then they go home and forget about it and I'm the one that it affects.

"It bothers me for the rest of the weekend. It gets me in a bad place again."

those taunting can move on but the one being taunted can't

He said: "I had fans shouting on the pitch to me shortly after I did my story, 'go and hang yourself and do it right this time'.

"I've had other players mentioning me slitting my wrists and stuff.

"You get the fans that come in and pay their money, they say what they want and then they go home and forget about it and I'm the one that it affects.

"It bothers me for the rest of the weekend. It gets me in a bad place again."
To be honest, what did he expect? How many fucking idiots do you hear at any given City game? If Ashley Young came out before the Derby to say he had mental health issues and even contemplated suicide, he'd get slaughtered by our fans. Every time he came to take a corner there'd be tons of it. There would be a song, and plenty would join in.

In fact, when Andy Goram came out and said he was a schizophrenic, Rangers played Aberdeen away the week after. When he was in front of the Aberdeen fans they sang 'there's only 2 Andy Gorams'......that chant is always voted in the top 2 or 3 of the best football chants ever. Sounds funny, but it's still abusing someone with mental health issues.

Last edited:
It's called sledging, not banter and it's fairly commonplace. Admittedly it's not all as distasteful as that.

It's disgusting,people like gary speed tried to hide it and gave up in the end,as a depressive who has stood on the edge of a cliff literally,if i couldn't talk about it i would have jumped and i deal with it every day,in the week we lost one of our own to depression you should think again about abusing anyone brave enough to speak out,if you tell someone to top themselves don't be surprised if they do

Cunts move on though don't they? good for them

Compassion doesn't exist for some people, thousands of years of evolution yet we still have neanderthal traits in us.

Issues like death, family, race and personal issues are still a big problem in football by the minority of knuckle draggers that attend football matches.

To be honest, what did he expect? How many fucking idiots do you hear at any given City game? If Ashley Young came out before the Derby to say he had mental health issues and even contemplated suicide, he'd get slaughtered by our fans. Every time he came to take a corner there'd be tons of it. There would be a song, and plenty would join in.

In fact, when Andy Goran came out and said he was a schizophrenic, Rangers played Aberdeen away the week after. When he was in front of the Aberdeen fans they sang 'there's only 2 Andy Gorams'......that chant is always voted in the top 2 or 3 of the best football chants ever. Sounds funny, but it's still abusing someone with mental health issues.
I remember this.

Compassion doesn't exist for some people, thousands of years of evolution yet we still have neanderthal traits in us.

Issues like death, family, race and personal issues are still a big problem in football by the minority of knuckle draggers that attend football matches.
It’s not just football though, it’s everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.