Burnley (a) pre-match thread

Burnley (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit surprised at Dyche for saying that. What the fuck has it got to do with him?

Tough game today but the incentive is to go 18 points clear and pile the pressure back on the rags.

If I may stick my oar in - first, Burnley do have six first XI players out injured - Heaton (goal) Ward (LB) Tarkowski (CB) Defour (CM) Brady (wing) Wood (CF). That's about £40m of talent missing, or more than half the cost of our total squad. But most of them were injured when we narrowly lost to Liverpool and Man Ure, so we can cope.

Second, our form's actually been quite good. No wins in nine? The three at home were Spurs (poor 0-3 performance), Liverpool (1-2, last minute winner) Man Ure (0-1, even game) and the five away league games had 4 draws including Man Ure. You were the only side to tub us, in the cup, and that was competitive for much of the game.

Third. why the obsession with Burnley being a dirty side? Has someone said it once upon a time many moons ago, and no-one dares contradict? The last time Burnley had more bookings in the league than Man City was 2012-13, pre-Dyche, and even in the seasons when we played 46 and you played 38 you still managed more bookings. We've had 7 sent off in 5 years, and one of those was for the goalkeeper picking up a back pass. Not a dirty side.

This post reminds me of the Cardiff fans before the cup game.

Saw them against Newcastle on Wednesday. They are thugs off the ball. The Newcastle fans were livid. Trips, elbows, treading on feet and even a kidny punch that we could see. Been to hundreds of matches and never seen anything so brutal.

If I may stick my oar in - first, Burnley do have six first XI players out injured - Heaton (goal) Ward (LB) Tarkowski (CB) Defour (CM) Brady (wing) Wood (CF). That's about £40m of talent missing, or more than half the cost of our total squad. But most of them were injured when we narrowly lost to Liverpool and Man Ure, so we can cope.

Second, our form's actually been quite good. No wins in nine? The three at home were Spurs (poor 0-3 performance), Liverpool (1-2, last minute winner) Man Ure (0-1, even game) and the five away league games had 4 draws including Man Ure. You were the only side to tub us, in the cup, and that was competitive for much of the game.

Third. why the obsession with Burnley being a dirty side? Has someone said it once upon a time many moons ago, and no-one dares contradict? The last time Burnley had more bookings in the league than Man City was 2012-13, pre-Dyche, and even in the seasons when we played 46 and you played 38 you still managed more bookings. We've had 7 sent off in 5 years, and one of those was for the goalkeeper picking up a back pass. Not a dirty side.

A question of perception. When I watch Burnley I see not red card challenges necessarily, but any amount of snide stuff. Sam Vokes’ raised arm clunking a centre half in the face when he tries to get leverage jumping for the ball, Ashley Barnes doing that dangerous Louis Saurez trick of backing into, or jumping in to from the side, an already airborne defender, so that defender then catapults head first over the top of him and into the turf (like a tip tackle in rugby), that sort of stuff. And your manager chats some of the most hypercritical one-eyed shit in the league

A question of perception. When I watch Burnley I see not red card challenges necessarily, but any amount of snide stuff. Sam Vokes’ raised arm clunking a centre half in the face when he tries to get leverage jumping for the ball, Ashley Barnes doing that dangerous Louis Saurez trick of backing into, or jumping in to from the side, an already airborne defender, so that defender then catapults head first over the top of him and into the turf (like a tip tackle in rugby), that sort of stuff. And your manager chats some of the most hypercritical one-eyed shit in the league
TBH, we are no angels ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.