Darts walk on girls chalked off.

I have no idea if it's the right or wrong thing to do as I have no idea what their full day job entails, everyone is focusing on them standing in pit lanes holding a sign, yet that is about an hr of a day they are working 10hrs or more. and I don't know who works this job and why, as there has been several pit girls come out saying they choose to do it and arre very well educated, successful women in their own right.

Is it is because they are attractive and then that is used to entertain and titilate?
Is it because their main job seems to be hostesses and so people a
feel they are in an unequal workplace?
Is it because it's the concensus at the momment that such things are not decent in the modern age?

Surely if the objection is them being in display on the pits, then their role could have been adjusted to omit this and none of these women would lose their income.

I don't really watch F1 as it's shite but have seen it when on and never noticed them tbf as I watch it for the race, the rest is just background.

On that post about Thailand, suprised that hasn't broken their modesty laws.

Lastly why this is turned into a dig at the left i don't know, puritanical thinking is more from the right or extreme left thinking, most lefties are just as indifirent and un-PC to this shite as most people and can be offensive as anyone else, in fact it is the liberal mindset that seems to find everyone needs protecting from offensive words and actions

Last edited:
On that post about Thailand, suprised that hasn't broken their modesty laws.
In Abu Dhabi and Bahrain they are very modestly dressed. They are all cabin crew for Etihad for the AD race and enter a competition at work for the chance to be part of it.

They get a week “off” work for the race, are put up in a fantastic hotel for the week and also take part in promotional events in the months leading up to it during extended layovers. As an example, they’ve been outside the Etihad (Manchester) handing out fliers around an Etihad stand with a full sized race car linked up to a PS4 where fans can do a timed lap of the circuit.

They are (were) recompensed for their time.

In Abu Dhabi and Bahrain they are very modestly dressed. They are all cabin crew for Etihad for the AD race and enter a competition at work for the chance to be part of it.

They get a week “off” work for the race, are put up in a fantastic hotel for the week and also take part in promotional events in the months leading up to it during extended layovers. As an example, they’ve been outside the Etihad (Manchester) handing out fliers around an Etihad stand with a full sized race car linked up to a PS4 where fans can do a timed lap of the circuit.

They are (were) recompensed for their time.

If you see the replies to this by grid girls it seems a lot are dressed modestly in many races, and I think they should have decided if the job should had been scrapped, or if the job could have been saved with adjusted roles.

The Thai barista, is a completely seperate issue really and not relevant to this thread except to point out social media outrage.

So you, as a man, think it’s degraded women and don’t agree with my wife, a woman, that it doesn’t?

Ps, finishing statements with ‘end of’ is a sign of idiocy.
Never said anything about degrading to women.
F1 and Darts don't want to be tainted ( indirectly) by association with the President Club's dinner.
As the presence of the girls is pretty irrelevant to their events and not really representative of the image they want to portray, they made a commercial decision to dispense with the girls services.
Surprised Boxing hasn't gone the same way. According to Goughie the ring girl's 'dress code' goes a bit too far even for him and the Boxers actually are irritated by their presence.
You and others simply want to turn this into a rant against PC/feminists/lefties etc. whereas it is fundamentally a commercial/ imaging decision.

You and others simply want to turn this into a rant against PC/feminists/lefties etc
No bell-waft, I replied to a poster that stated pit girls were “degrading to women in general (not just those employed..)”

It was my reply to him which you quoted. If you can’t follow three posts in a row for context then simply avoid replying to me, I won’t miss you.

I’m not mention PC, nor feminists, nor lefties once, that’s your own strawman which you’re trying to erect in my honour.

Ps. Thanks for enlightening me on “Goughie’s” view on ring girls. I’m not sure I could have slept without that strange argument to authority on the matter.

I’ll file it slightly below my dog’s interpretation of the subject, (it will still probably be above yours though.)

So ‘naked waiters’ and the like are degrading to all men?

Also, are you a woman?

Edit; my wife is a woman and I was intrigued as to her take on it, she says and I quote verbatim “If the girls are happy to do it then why shouldn’t they? If F1 girls are banned then Love Island should also be banned and any marketing campaign or movie with attractive models/actors as they are all selling sex.”

Not sure I 100% agree with her on all of that but she, as a woman, doesn’t feel degraded by them although you do by proxy.

Just as a general reply, when it came to giving women the vote one of the largest groups against it was other women.

When people are brought up in a world where women are just eye candy it's normal that other women will be fine with it.

When people are brought up in a world where women are just eye candy it's normal that other women will be fine with it.

Are you for real with this comment?

You seriously believe that this is where women are right now in the world?

Are you for real with this comment?

You seriously believe that this is where women are right now in the world?

What you on about?

Check out the replies, "my girlfriend/wife is fine with ring girls/pit girls etc, etc"

Just to clarify, I'm glad that the darts organisation and F1 did this.

So ‘naked waiters’ and the like are degrading to all men?

Also, are you a woman?

Edit; my wife is a woman and I was intrigued as to her take on it, she says and I quote verbatim “If the girls are happy to do it then why shouldn’t they? If F1 girls are banned then Love Island should also be banned and any marketing campaign or movie with attractive models/actors as they are all selling sex.”

Not sure I 100% agree with her on all of that but she, as a woman, doesn’t feel degraded by them although you do by proxy.

thanks for clarifying that. I've always wondered...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.