Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they hold the 95m valuation they Mahrez will stay at LCFC. The Neymar money produced a temporary spike in values. Teams for which the Neymar money did not trickle down are not paying that kind of money for players. How many players have been purchased at over 100m not with PSG's money? The rest of the market is gradually increasing, not spiking. Mahrez "should" go for slightly more than PEA and shouldn't be measured against Neymar or Coutinho at all.
Good post. That one deal is literally the cause of all the mess in the market right now.

Thing is Mahrez was valued at 35 million in the summer, then this rose to 40-50 million depending which paper you read (google it). Even in December the press were reporting that Leicester would take 50 million for Mahrez. So either the press lied or didn't have a clue, or both. City had spoken to Leicester when it became clear that Sanchez wanted Utd's money. 400K to upwards of 600k a week (or somewhere in between) depending whether we believe the press or Wenger on his Friday press conference. Pep confirmed on Friday that City had been speaking to Leicester for two weeks before the end of the window, which ties in with pulling out of the Sanchez deal.

The story is out there if the press want to dig out the reality of the situation, but it is easier to say City bid on the last day of the window, and offered much less than Leicester wanted. Why don't City just clean up the matter by doing an interview with a respected journalist like Martin Samuel ?

Mahrez wanted to leave in 2016 after winning the title but the owners convinced him with 100 grand a week to stay and have a go in the Champions League, with the agreement that they would accept bids that met their valuation of the player. Last summer Roma were the only club to make any real offer and it was laughable, something like 20 million, so we rejected. Man City are the only other club to come in for him, apparantly below the owners valuation. They haven't broken any promises with Mahrez and I can genuinely see why they are reluctant to sell for what they originally wanted after Van Donkey and Coutinho. I think it sends the right message personally, the owners' long term goal is for Leicester to be Champions League regulars and big clubs don't sell their best players unless the buying club are getting ripped off, they just don't. I think that is the image they are trying to portray.
According to reports you wanted £50m for him in the Summer and Roma fell well short. 6 months later you turn down a deal worth a reported £65m

That's what's in the public domain. It might not be entirely accurate but there's no obvious reason to doubt it.

If it is true then I can understand why Mahrez is upset. You refer to other players conveniently ignoring your own recent valuation of the player. By the way Mkhitaryan was valued at £35m and Aubameyang at £55m. Lucas Moura £25m.

Why Leicester would still wanna keep Mahrez after he basically announced to the world that he doesn't wanna play for them anymore is beyond me. You won't be applauding him when he does go back playing, and booing him would be worse. That's just terrible business from Leicester however you look at it. And btw, what awful way you treat a player that gave you so much success.

The chances of becoming regulars in the top 6 is next to none? What a load of rubbish, never thought I'd hear a Man City fan say that. People would have been saying that about your club only 7 or 8 years ago.

People did say it about city and more, they brought in FFP to stop us.

I tend to agree with you though, nothing stopping LCFC from doing the same, it would take a huge financial commitment from your owners though and developing/selling a couple £95M players every other year.

Why Leicester would still wanna keep Mahrez after he basically announced to the world that he doesn't wanna play for them anymore is beyond me. You won't be applauding him when he does go back playing, and booing him would be worse. That's just terrible business from Leicester however you look at it. And btw, what awful way you treat a player that gave you so much success.

So if City valued De Bruyne at £200m, and Barcelona offered £110m and refused to go higher,
and De Bruyne said he didn't want to play for City any more,
And City wouldn't sell unless they got the amount of money he's worth,
Would that be treating him terribly too?

So if City valued De Bruyne at £200m, and Barcelona offered £110m and refused to go higher,
and De Bruyne said he didn't want to play for City any more,
And City wouldn't sell unless they got the amount of money he's worth,
Would that be treating him terribly too?

That’s different both clubs on same level and teams been after aguero since we bought him and he hasn’t gone anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.