What teams did people at your school support?

In the 1960`s we became an "overspill" town with many new factories and warehouses being built and the promise of brand new houses for anyone wanting to move from both Liverpool and Manchester.
From a small town of only a 7000 population we then tripled in size.
In the early years of my Secondary Modern schooling we really did have a right mixture of Rags,Dippers,Toffees and only a handful of City fans.
Add to that and of Coventry,West Ham,Arsenal,Wolves,Crewe,Spurs,Tranmere and one of lads who was on trial with Bolton,then what a right mixture we had in those days.

Last edited:
If you'd even thought about supporting Liverpool in Gorton in the 70's you'd have been kicked to fuck.

I mean why the fuck would you?

Cheadle Hulme - all City
Moved to Wythenshawe - mostly City until year United went down - then everyone who wanted to go fighting shifted to United. But City still dominated.
Moved to Bolton - mostly Bolton with odd red and me.

Also went to Central in Longsight, early to late 70's and was 50/50 blues/reds then too. Many more blues actually went to games and can honestly say that most of the gobshites in the school were reds.
Used to regularly see one of the teachers in the Kippax. I could tell that he loved it when me and other spotty oiks from school rocked up and called him by his nickname in front of his mates.

Generally speaking - there were exceptions - the decent lads supported City and the thugs and morons supported the Rags. Bit like life in general. There was one odd kid who supported Spuds for some inexplicable reason.

Mind you, I once worked with a lad who grew up in Whitefield and supported Loserpool. I found that absolutely unforgivable, as well as really odd.

I went to School in Warrington. My whole form was the rags bar me. Started off ok as started in 1989 went wrong after that.

School was a rag and dipper stronghold, maybe 20 blues and 40 everton One West Ham and 1 Port vale.

There was 800 pupils, School was shite.

Funnily enough there were a few plastic scousers then who are now rags.

Living in Ireland now, my young lad will probably have it worse than me.

At my school, students mostly supported... the Oakland Raiders... LOL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.