Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very frustrating today. Passed when he should have shot, shot when he should have passed and just wasn’t clinical when he did have a shot. He’s got that spot to himself at the moment but isn’t rising to the challenge as he would have done a couple of years ago.

I think Aguero is trying so hard to fit into Pep’s way of playing he is often caught “over thinking” when he is in possession rather than playing instinctively. That split second leads to wrong choices or poor execution.

He didn't really get much opportunity today but isn't getting into goal scoring positions enough. We should be making more of the opportunities we are making. Can’t see us winning the CL until we resolve this.

Is this a joke? He continually wasted every counter attack. He would have had a tap in if he could control the ball. He made the wrong decision every time he was played in.

Is this a joke? He continually wasted every counter attack. He would have had a tap in if he could control the ball. He made the wrong decision every time he was played in.
Aguero didn't have any clear cut tap-ins. Passed it to a wider open Sterllng once - who was subsequently under a little pressure and missed the shot.

Had a chance in the first half where he decided to head the ball - didn't work.

Aguero was fine IMO.

Supply links to his putative screw ups though (other than that weak header) if you can find them - I may have missed things in first viewing.
===
Edit - I think he was one-on-one with their keeper at one point but at a terrible angle - hit it, but didn't work out - I didn't fault Aguero for this.

Last edited:
All this he's not a Pep striker... Who is then/would be? And what do they have that Aguero doesn't?

Lewandowski isnt a grafter and no-one said he wasn't a Pep striker so it can't only be that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.