Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Beat west Brom. Post match thread 40 pages.
Draw against burnley nearly 80 pages of city fans declaring we've a shite team, got to dump Sergio, ilkay is rubbish, useless without David Silva. Never come on forum to express opinions until we drop points . Weird bunch of (supporters).
Utter bollocks.
Most pointing out deficiencies in the performance. Only some being bellends - including secret rags.
Get a grip.

Burnley deserve credit for their performance. We battered them for most of the game but they came back off the ropes in the second half and got a deserved equaliser. They also played hard and fair unlike the thugs of Palace, West Brom, and Cardiff.

Quite agree, wish a few more teams approached a match like that, it makes for a great game.

Burnley deserve credit for their performance. We battered them for most of the game but they came back off the ropes in the second half and got a deserved equaliser. They also played hard and fair unlike the thugs of Palace, West Brom, and Cardiff.

they played like most teams now home or away, stay in game even 1 nil down then last 20 minutes go for it

Game should have been over long before the sterling sitter. However think he will have some explaining to do. He does have a knack to cock up when it's easier to score. Was it right to take him off, I'm not sure!

Game should have been over long before the sterling sitter. However think he will have some explaining to do. He does have a knack to cock up when it's easier to score. Was it right to take him off, I'm not sure!
Having had a shite view yesterday only saw how bad the miss was on MotD,that said I still wouldn't have took him off we created very little once he'd been hooked and he does have a late goal knack. Just putting it down to one of those days yesterday we had enough chances to win 5 games.

I am sure PEP has his reasons but didnt see the value of bringing Raheem off Diaz offered very little. and with the miss obviously hurting him. would have given everything to put us back in front . which he has form for Sterling without doubt is prone to the odd sitter he isnt a natural goalscorer but has had a great season thus far

I’m still angry. People might say “but we’re 13 points clear FFS” but it’s about getting the title won as early as possible and being able to rotate the team further down the line in league games so we can then concentrate on the cups.

Pep’s not going to be here for eight to ten years, he’s going to be here for a short time before his next project and we and he wants to be winning absolutely everything while he can with us.

Dropping points like yesterday might not seem so bad on paper but we’re not just going to for a Premier League title, we are going for everything and yesterday that wasn’t good enough. Too sloppy in the box from Kun to Gunogan to Sterling’s fucking finish... then defensive lapses from Kompany and Walker a few times...

Not good enough that.

If we were a bit less good and didn’t think four trophies was actually a possibility and even if the title race was a bit closer, I think I’d be less pissed off with that yesterday.

I think Guardiola’s face on the touch line at some of the sloppiness and the substitution of Sterling told us what he thought to that game.

I am sure PEP has his reasons but didnt see the value of bringing Raheem off Diaz offered very little. and with the miss obviously hurting him. would have given everything to put us back in front . which he has form for Sterling without doubt is prone to the odd sitter he isnt a natural goalscorer but has had a great season thus far
It was punishment for continued poor finishing. Been going on for about four games. At first he laughed it off, even gave him a kiss on the touchline, now it’s not funny.

It wasn't that we took our foot off the gas or didn't play well as many on here have said.Despite a number of key injuries, we were all over them for at least the first 65 mins and should have been 3 or 4 up.

There's no need to slag players off as tends to happen too much on here. Sometimes you just have one of those days and Burnley, to be fair, defended well. We take a much deserved break now and then get back to winning ways.

It wasn't that we took our foot off the gas or didn't play well as many on here have said.Despite a number of key injuries, we were all over them for at least the first 65 mins and should have been 3 or 4 up.

There's no need to slag players off as tends to happen too much on here. Sometimes you just have one of those days and Burnley, to be fair, defended well. We take a much deserved break now and then get back to winning ways.
+1
I think we played very well - unlucky misses by Sterling (mostly, and others) coupled with a loss of concentration by Walker cost us a game which we should have comfortably won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.