Anyone been to tunisia

Went in 98 and while there travelled to watch Tunisia v Wales pre world cup.

Hotel was fantastic in Hammermet but the country was a right shit hole. Even then move off a main tourist route and they had skinned dogs in butcher's windows.

I'd certainly not go now as others have said, Greece is the word.

Like everyone else, I went there (and travelled extensively) BEFORE it became what it is today. I would not go back today, even to spend your money.

The world is a big place. Why go somewhere that is unsafe? If you want beautiful beaches, nice hotels and resorts, and decent day trips, go to Cancun, visit the ruins, and enjoy the strong £!

Went in 89 three days after the 5-1 to Monastir absolute toilet wouldn’t go back if it was free!
Beirut would be more apealing

I traveled all over Tunisia in 1993 for 4 weeks,( Tunis,Monastir ,Houmt Souk) I absolutely loved it,been to Morocco and Eygpt too,all three countries I loved and the people were very friendly and over-all very nice people,however,there is no way Id go to any of them at the moment with the political climate and the Isis situation,its way too dangerous.
Manchester has had more terrorist attacks than Morocco in the past few years.

I went to Tunisia when I was a kid. It was alright, but it was one of those all inclusive resorts with not much else around it. Not like the holiday towns you often get in Spanish holidays. Obviously you get to ride a camel. Don't really remember much in the way of amazing scenery.

Manchester has had more terrorist attacks than Morocco in the past few years.

I went to Tunisia when I was a kid. It was alright, but it was one of those all inclusive resorts with not much else around it. Not like the holiday towns you often get in Spanish holidays. Obviously you get to ride a camel. Don't really remember much in the way of amazing scenery.
Morocco had a big one in 2011 in Marrakesh,a restaurant there blown up,plus a lot of jihadis returning from Syria.Plus the recent attacks in Barcelona were by Moroccans
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/20/spain-terror-attacks-isis-morocco

Each to there own,all Im saying, is there is no way id take my family there at the moment.When I went before i travelled solo,but it was 25 years ago now.

We went for a couple of weeks in 1998 before the current troubles began, would never go back again, nice beaches but you can't go anywhere without being mitherd to fuck, and let's just say there personal hygiene methods leave a lot to be desired, the toilets in cafes ect were disgusting and they thought it was funny when my missus went in to use them but came out heaving up, so it's a no from us

Like everyone else, I went there (and travelled extensively) BEFORE it became what it is today. I would not go back today, even to spend your money.

The world is a big place. Why go somewhere that is unsafe? If you want beautiful beaches, nice hotels and resorts, and decent day trips, go to Cancun, visit the ruins, and enjoy the strong £!
The Cancun that the American authorities are telling people to avoid due to the cartels moving in and having a mini war to decide who sells the drugs to the spring breakers?

Went once in 2000 ..... Never again even if you paid me to go.

If it was massively improved and done up, it might graduate to become a 'shithole' ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.