Anyone been to tunisia

With my British passport, not a problem. Getting there from the USA is the hard part, and Trumpster trying to clamp down. USVI and BVI, and even some of the FL beaches are as nice as anything anywhere...with infrastructure!

Regardless, I wouldn’t be heading to Tunisia any time soon.
Me neither. Or anywhere in north or central Africa.

Ps, just been accepted for interview at West Ham as the director of football.

Morocco had a big one in 2011 in Marrakesh,a restaurant there blown up,plus a lot of jihadis returning from Syria.Plus the recent attacks in Barcelona were by Moroccans
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/20/spain-terror-attacks-isis-morocco

Each to there own,all Im saying, is there is no way id take my family there at the moment.When I went before i travelled solo,but it was 25 years ago now.
So they had one 7 years ago. How many has the UK had since then? Or France? Or Spain? Or Germany? I live in Morocco, and if you want to worry about something, worry about how likely it is you'll get killed in a traffic accident. Changing your plans because of terrorist incidents is silly, imo, unless it's things like long-term political instability that has a chance of flaring up any time, like in Egypt. But I had a friend who went to the pyramids last year and practically had them to herself.

So they had one 7 years ago. How many has the UK had since then? Or France? Or Spain? Or Germany? I live in Morocco, and if you want to worry about something, worry about how likely it is you'll get killed in a traffic accident. Changing your plans because of terrorist incidents is silly, imo, unless it's things like long-term political instability that has a chance of flaring up any time, like in Egypt. But I had a friend who went to the pyramids last year and practically had them to herself.
who said " I was changing my plans " ,my wife is Thai,and Iv been there more than 20 times in the last 15 years,its probably more volatile than a lot of north african countries.But i feel completely safe there ,always have and always will when i eventually retire there.But I know i wouldn't feel comfortable in Tunisia ,Morocco and Eygpt currently unlike how i fealt when i travelled to those countries 20 odd years ago.

Your friend who had the pyramids almost to herself,well,me and my mate went to Israel and Eygpt in October 1991 just after Saddam invaded Kuwait and all the official foreign office warnings and advice was to not travel further east than Cyprus,me and mate didnt bother and went,it was an amazing trip,we counted 7 people including ourselves during a four hour tour of the valley of the kings.

who said " I was changing my plans " ,my wife is Thai,and Iv been there more than 20 times in the last 15 years,its probably more volatile than a lot of north african countries.But i feel completely safe there ,always have and always will when i eventually retire there.But I know i wouldn't feel comfortable in Tunisia ,Morocco and Eygpt currently unlike how i fealt when i travelled to those countries 20 odd years ago.
That's fine. I'm just trying to correct your portrayal of Morocco as having either a "political climate" or an "ISIS situation" at the moment. That is simply not true. Certainly no more so than anywhere in Western Europe.

I had a Bulgarian and a Polish colleague greet Serbia as a destination with shock. Ditto a Lithuanian I know from the pub. “The most bonkers of the old Yugoslavian states” etc. It was trouble free even with 2000 Welsh football fans in the mix.

Some of the most deprived places feature lovely people who can’t do enough for you. A huge bruiser boy in Belgrade working behind the bar offered me his hand and welcomed me with aplomb.

Take precautions and you’ll be fine.

I had a Bulgarian and a Polish colleague greet Serbia as a destination with shock. Ditto a Lithuanian I know from the pub. “The most bonkers of the old Yugoslavian states” etc. It was trouble free even with 2000 Welsh football fans in the mix.

Some of the most deprived places feature lovely people who can’t do enough for you. A huge bruiser boy in Belgrade working behind the bar offered me his hand and welcomed me with aplomb.

Take precautions and you’ll be fine.
True.
I was going to go to glossop as there has never been any terrorism there

I've been, and actually to that exact hotel.

The country is typical of that part of the world, not great, and a heck of a lot of people trying to bother you & get you into their stall/shop.

The hotel was fab for what we wanted, decent food, free drinks, 2 pools, staff were friendly, clean. Didn't get ill.

This was 5 or so years ago and we were students, so don't know if it's still similar & what you're expectations will be compared to what ours were. But if you're just going to chill in the sun with free food drinks & a couple of nice pools/the beach & sea on the cheap, rather than exploring the country expecting a nice place, then it'll be fine (or even good!).

I've been, and actually to that exact hotel.

The country is typical of that part of the world, not great, and a heck of a lot of people trying to bother you & get you into their stall/shop.

The hotel was fab for what we wanted, decent food, free drinks, 2 pools, staff were friendly, clean. Didn't get ill.

This was 5 or so years ago and we were students, so don't know if it's still similar & what you're expectations will be compared to what ours were. But if you're just going to chill in the sun with free food drinks & a couple of nice pools/the beach & sea on the cheap, rather than exploring the country expecting a nice place, then it'll be fine (or even good!).
Exactly what im after.
Chilli out by the pool or beach with free beer.
Had a shit year last year so ready for a good chilli out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.