Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legends are remembered with great fondness

Considering you obviously made your mind up a long time ago, what conversation were you hoping to have on this thread?

He's 23, in his third season at the club, has shown considerable improvement and single handedly won us many points. Signs are great, results are great, we are top of the league and breaking records partly because of him.

Why are you banging on about how you still won't like him 10 years from now when you could be appreciating the whole team at this present moment in time and waiting to see what actually happens in the next decade instead of just nailing your colours to the mast and setting yourself an opinion to stubbornly stick to for the foreseeable future?

You are puzzling and, although I can respect differences of opinion, I'm really confused as to why you seem intent on ramming a negative one down people's throats whenever the opportunity arises.

So many armchair experts piping up with absolute piffle about football ability, football brains, weak mentality and anything else they can possibly lob in his direction while he's in a dip in form.

His form will return though, so those going over the top will only end up looking foolish again when he does. All our players make mistakes and so do the top players at other clubs if they paid half as much attention to them as they do Sterling. We saw Kev miss from practically on the goal line against Chelsea last season, Kun, Jesus and Sané have had their clumsy moments missing sitters... as would any other young player we bring in to "replace him", dips in form come and go all the time across football. Sadly some people are only waiting for Sterling's mistakes and can't let go/wait to talk about them, then wont let them go no matter what he does.

It may seem like Sterling has been around for ages but he's still a young player and for me his problem is inconsistency caused by the mental side of the game(his confidence, his focus under pressure), maybe even mental fatigue plays a part which younger players are probably more susceptible to, which tends to improve naturally as they mature(less up and down with their emotions wasting their energy, more level headed/stable).

It still feels like some are trying to save face(hate being wrong) the ones who told us he would never make it, especially in a Pep team... already proved you wrong is all I'll say, so let it go.

Well although it may not be aimed at me,although I have had plenty to say on the subject,I go,not from my armchair,but one thing I will say on your comments is,the young one,still learning,he's played over 180 games in the Prem,and I also wouldn't say it's a dip in for,he has played exactly the same at City,since he first arrived,arguably got slightly better this season,but can easily revert to type,and by that I mean,just not quite good enough,good but not class as some make him out to be.

The main word I use for him is frustrating

Well although it may not be aimed at me,although I have had plenty to say on the subject,I go,not from my armchair,but one thing I will say on your comments is,the young one,still learning,he's played over 180 games in the Prem,and I also wouldn't say it's a dip in for,he has played exactly the same at City,since he first arrived,arguably got slightly better this season,but can easily revert to type,and by that I mean,just not quite good enough,good but not class as some make him out to be.

The main word I use for him is frustrating
The armchair expert saying means you're a spectator not a professional sportsman, it doesn't matter where you watch from.

As I said even though it may seem he's been around ages HE IS still young... so you can't then bring up how many games he's played as that's not the point.

He has a lot of games under his belt this season(more minutes than any other forward player in our team), he can tire both mentally and physically which can affect his form. He has been getting better and more consistent though so that's a positive sign right?

Last edited:
Considering you obviously made your mind up a long time ago, what conversation were you hoping to have on this thread?

He's 23, in his third season at the club, has shown considerable improvement and single handedly won us many points. Signs are great, results are great, we are top of the league and breaking records partly because of him.

Why are you banging on about how you still won't like him 10 years from now when you could be appreciating the whole team at this present moment in time and waiting to see what actually happens in the next decade instead of just nailing your colours to the mast and setting yourself an opinion to stubbornly stick to for the foreseeable future?

You are puzzling and, although I can respect differences of opinion, I'm really confused as to why you seem intent on ramming a negative one down people's throats whenever the opportunity arises.

I'm trying to comprehend why people rate him as highly as they do,never mentioned the word LIKE for 10 years time,I said he will not be ever mentioned as a great,you disagree,that is fine,but don't know why you are puzzled with an opinion that differs from your own,that's the only thing that makes it puzzling to me

As I said even though it may seem he's been around ages HE IS still young... so you can't then bring up how many games he's played as that's not the point.

He has a lot of games under his belt this season, he can tire both mentally and physically which can affect his form. He has been getting better and more consistent though so that's a positive sign right?

I don't see it,no,I take this last week as a very sore example for me to absorb,his miss at Burnley is still hurting,but it seems to have been glossed over as a one of those things moments,it was and can happen,but why always him ?

I read the comments about Aguero on here,who gets ridiculed,but Sterling gets away with it....no I'm not having it mate I'm sorry,but it is how I feel at this moment in time

I don't see it,no,I take this last week as a very sore example for me to absorb,his miss at Burnley is still hurting,but it seems to have been glossed over as a one of those things moments,it was and can happen,but why always him ?

I read the comments about Aguero on here,who gets ridiculed,but Sterling gets away with it....no I'm not having it mate I'm sorry,but it is how I feel at this moment in time
Sterling gets away with it? You have to be joking there? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.