Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on I'm not defending his miss, he should have buried it but do you not think as a whole he's having a good season? You really think there isn't a good player in Raheem?

Ok we shall shift tact then,for the benefit of your question,I have already said,slightly better this season,stats don't lie,as we are reminded constantly on here,but let us take a few recent games for example,a game of I'll raise you, if you like

Liverpool away (again),West Brom last Weds,and the Burnley game

You tell me what made you smile more than ever on those 3 recent games with the performance overall

I'll make one easy as he did get an assist v West Brom,but also missed a howler to level that scenario agree ?

Total Pep player, bought for Pep, that's why Guardiola gets so pissed when Raheem fucks up.

Big compliment if you think about it.

You know somert,I haven't looked at it like that,you may have a point that will make me see things differently,but after seeing how Guardiola was with one of our opposition players a few weeks back after the match,I'll need more convincing I think

I don't see it,no,I take this last week as a very sore example for me to absorb,his miss at Burnley is still hurting,but it seems to have been glossed over as a one of those things moments,it was and can happen,but why always him ?

I read the comments about Aguero on here,who gets ridiculed,but Sterling gets away with it....no I'm not having it mate I'm sorry,but it is how I feel at this moment in time

Still hurting, when the team has more points at this stage than any team ever has in the English top flight! FFS, get a life.

Ok we shall shift tact then,for the benefit of your question,I have already said,slightly better this season,stats don't lie,as we are reminded constantly on here,but let us take a few recent games for example,a game of I'll raise you, if you like

You tell me what made you smile more than ever on those 3 recent games with the performance overall

I'll make one easy as he did get an assist v West Brom,but also missed a howler to level that scenario agree ?

Sterling had 2 assists against WBA. He set up both KDB and Aguero goals. 3 goals were scored, so he did very well, I would say.

He got two assists vs WBA.

He's joint 8th in the league for assists and 4th on goals scored.

Liverpool away was the start of this dip in form for me, a game where barely anyone had a good game and a game that always seems to affect Sterling.

West Brom(recalling purely from memory as I saw it) was for me the assist for Aguero AND everything that came before it, the turn and the dribble that got him space to allow him to set Aguero on his way. He also assisted KDB which is probably the assist you were referring to as it was the most direct assist but that wasn't my pick of the game.

Against Burnley no assists, no goals... but then who else did other than Danilo? He fluffed a chance... get over it.

Also why are you so mad about dropping 2 points to Burnley away?

Last edited:
I'm not looking for plaudits mate,there are quite a few on here who say the same as me,again it is all about opinions,but the arguments against are a joke really,same old stuff comes out,he's young blah,blah,blah,learning his trade blah,blah,blah,I don't get it,and there are many that don't,it is just some can't accept it
In fairness, the arguments against don't seem to be same old stuff.

Better conversion rate than Salah. 4th leading goalscorer in the league.

Yes, he misses sometimes, and he has some bubu. But when he is producing better than everyone but 3 guys. Has a better conversion rate than the scintillating Salah, to say the opinion on the other side is a joke, is frankly untrue.

Forget he is young. He is very good. Every measurable indicator shows and supports this belief. So in the anals of 'which subjective opinion on Sterling has more weight' the objective facts don't line up on your side.

They simply don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.