Do you really believe the league is over...?

I am old time City fan. I do not think "the league is over". For weeks we have had fans saying on here - score 3 or 4 then bring on the subs.
We have had long term injuries to Mendy , Komps , Stones (6 weeks) , Jesus (now seems to be 8 weeks and counting) ,Delph , now Sane. Merlin with family problems.
I do wonder what if? - we can not be caught by say early April - what will our mind set be.? -
Will players "relax" - ? - will we lose 2 or 3 games.?
Will we win the league by 10 , 9 , 8 , 7 , 6, points.?
Spurs away , Arse away , possible losses - Rags at home , Chelsea at home , should win those. A draw or 2 .
Still interesting to find out.

"Over" is when its impossible to beaten, I think many/most have said that.

Will we be beaten ? No, not in my opinion, so I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand ?
Agree with this 100%. It’s only over when we can’t be caught mathematically, which, for the record, I don’t think the rags will be capable of doing when push comes to shove either.

However, I do feel that some more dodgy officiating in the last third of the season, coupled with the the medium to longish term absence of Jesus, Merlin, Mendy, Sañe & Delph (Plus the uncertainty regarding Stones & Kompany’s current fitness levels) will ensure that the final end of season points gap between ourselves & the rags will be a lot closer than most people on here would like to think.

No. The only way the points gap will be closer at the end of the season is after we win the league with a few games to spare and we don't win another league game afterwards.

Liverpool and United in their heydays won league titles with games to spare and when you look back at their points tally, you might think it was a lot closer than it was, but the reality was they had it sewn up weeks before the season ended.

We are in the same position now. Say United drop 5 more points over the next coming weeks. We are not going to suddenly lose at least 6 games of our last 12 or whatever it would take for us to throw the title away.

It's in the bag as far as I'm concerned, and this is coming from someone who still feels irritated by what happened at the end of the 1971-72 season.

That's not going to happen again, because this team is just too good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not over. It could be soon, but too many points at stake still, and too many games that can cause us problems. I think we are one or two key injuries away from a bad few games. I’m hoping against hope this week makes those injuries less possible.

However, I do think there is only one challenger. That alone should convince EVERY CITY FAN to not count their chickens. I absolutely don’t want the reverse of 2012 happening this year, because it won’t be goal difference.

United aren’t playing badly and I have no idea what their run in looks like, but it’s in OUR HANDS and we cannot take our foot off the gas. Leicester won’t be any cakewalk, and I think the days of “win by 3 or 4 and bring on the kids” are going to be few and far in between. There are some big games against Top 6 teams, but also the bottom 8 or 10 are all a bad run away from getting sucked into the relegation battle.

Don’t see any “easy games,” but we obviously have enough to win the League. Now, it is just a matter of WHETHER WE WIN THR GAMES WE NEED TO?!

We just need to get back on a winning streak. 5-6 wins and we’ll be more or less there. The issue is the likes of Arsenal and Spurs away on the horizon.

United's 3 big home games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be a massive factor.

If they don't drop any points in those games, then they are still in with a chance. Especially if they beat us at the Etihad. If? If?

It looks like United have timed it right for Chelsea at home in a couple of Weeks when we play in the cup final. Chelsea have gone.

Yes.

I’d bet the house on not getting caught.

(With a side bet of the garage).

Even if we wobble others will too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.