prem league winter break

Is nobody else looking forwards to the League Cup Final this season? I want to beat Arsenal at Wembley to lift the first pot under Pep’s tenure.

Aside from trips to Europe to see City, I’d reform the Champions League full of awful regulations. I rarely enjoy watching those matches and Premier League clubs don’t seem to win it often.

Copa Del Rey is played midweek so league games are played on weekends, and is only one cup competition whereas England has 2 (and it's far less competitive).
Yes the Copa del Rey is played midweek, does that not offset the league cup then, I would also put into question that’s it’s less competitive!

Yeah I know but I'm right, fuck the nothing international matches off and the club games wouldn't be so condensed.
Other countries that have winter breaks have the same international breaks so as far as a break goes that isn't an issue we just need to organise our domestic game better. Most countries have a 20 team league too, so really it's down to sorting the cups out.

Other countries that have winter breaks have the same international breaks so as far as a break goes that isn't an issue we just need to organise our domestic game better. Most countries have a 20 team league too, so really it's down to sorting the cups out.
Other countries don't have the depth we have I think the Championship is something like the fourth best league in Europe for attendances and Division One probably beats half of the minor Leagues as well.

The dog should be wagging the tail not the other way round.

The annoying thing about our friendlies is that they are not being used to try out new ideas, new tactics, new players, etc. Every bloody England manager plays pretty much the same side in a friendly as he would in a full international. Instead of blooding in the new players it just serves to ensure the favoured ones (Beckscum, Shrek, Phil Jones and the rest) get more caps that they really deserve.

Other countries don't have the depth we have I think the Championship is something like the fourth best league in Europe for attendances and Division One probably beats half of the minor Leagues as well.

The dog should be wagging the tail not the other way round.
I agree but not sure what that has to do with finding time for a winter break in the premier league.

Yes the Copa del Rey is played midweek, does that not offset the league cup then, I would also put into question that’s it’s less competitive!

not when every weekend is left free for the league, unlike in England which has to fit the FA Cup in. The drop off between La Liga and Liga Segunda (and below) teams is enormous.

I would be for it as the game in this country needs a major shakeup. It won't be a complete fix but a winter break would help with the national side.

I agree but not sure what that has to do with finding time for a winter break in the premier league.
Yeah gone off on a bit of a tangent but the reasons for a break seem to be the number of games played in a short period of time, dumping friendlies would free up periods to spread the games rather than reducing income by having less club games.

You don't even need to get rid of the league cup, you just need to say that any team in Europe doesn't have to play in it. It would also mean that we get a new team in the Europa league every season. And then you can have it on at the same time as the Champions League.

Isn’t there some UEFA rule that says no matches in CL weeks, or is that just no PL matches?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.