Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see it that way. I think he got pissed because it was twice in as many games. First he tried the man hug approach and followed that by subbing him

The man hug approach saw him turn his game around and assist two goals, just saying.

There was none shown on this occurrence. That's my point.

Fair enough and it may or may not have worked, and where do we draw the line as to how many hugs he gives?

I suspect Pep, whilst a great motivator/man manager has his threshold of tolerance and Sterling crossed it. I also suspect Sterling was shot mentally after it and no amount of hugging would have worked for the remainder of that game

Fair enough and it may or may not have worked, and where do we draw the line as to how many hugs he gives?

I suspect Pep, whilst a great motivator/man manager has his threshold of tolerance and Sterling crossed it. I also suspect Sterling was shot mentally after it and no amount of hugging would have worked for the remainder of that game

You keep pushing this "Pep's reached his limit with Sterling" line which only exists in your imagination.

For me it is a dip in form and it happens to have a come at a bad time, with Sané and Jesus injured we are having to rely on Raheem a lot more heavily recently and it doesn't help that he has to switch to the left wing to accommodate Bernardo Silva.

I'm not sure one or two bad misses proves he's suffering a dip in form, particularly as he set up two goals against WBA.
I don't understand why Sterling has to be played on the left to accommodate Bernardo - there's no reason why Bernardo can't play there. He put in a superb cross which Sterling headed in against Cardiff from the left. It would have made much more sense to leave Sterling on the right where he's been performing so well for the majority of the season.

I'm not sure one or two bad misses proves he's suffering a dip in form, particularly as he set up two goals against WBA.
I don't understand why Sterling has to be played on the left to accommodate Bernardo - there's no reason why Bernardo can't play there. He put in a superb cross which Sterling headed in against Cardiff from the left. It would have made much more sense to leave Sterling on the right where he's been performing so well for the majority of the season.

Sterling likes playing on the left. He actually discusses that in his pre-match interview with Gary Neville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.