United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of our financial experts have a view on if the US market meltdown will affect the trafford rags?

Let me get this straight, the rags have been giving away Munich Disaster souvenier packs ?

That's fucking hilarious.

And they slag off the dippers.
Not that they would try and take advantage of the disaster in any way. Was there any sponsorship or advertising attached to the packs...
And can someone tell me why no other disaster receives as much national coverage as Munich i.e. Ibrox, Burnden Park, Bradford etc all of which had more fatalities...

Not that they would try and take advantage of the disaster in any way. Was there any sponsorship or advertising attached to the packs...
And can someone tell me why no other disaster receives as much national coverage as Munich i.e. Ibrox, Burnden Park, Bradford etc all of which had more fatalities...
It's called the Old Toilet media machine.

As a club, they'll do anything to try and keep them relevant; including signing s**t players to help sell more shirts to the Chinese masses.

Rest In Peace to all who died at Munich, including fine Manchester journalists and footballers who would have won the World Cup for England in 1958. Nothing that has been said about it since that day diminishes its sadness.

s-l225.jpg

Typical RAGS ........ genuine newspaper from the Munich Disaster on eBay .... no bids
Munich Air Disaster memorial pack from last week currently £77

I remember the same thing happening after the 50th anniversary derby with some of the commemorative scarves they handed out to both sets of fans ending up on ebay. I can't recall if any City scarves were up for sale - seem to remember that they were all United ones.

It's called the Old Toilet media machine.

As a club, they'll do anything to try and keep them relevant; including signing s**t players to help sell more shirts to the Chinese masses.
Its self indulgence and exploitation on a grand scale. How long are they going to keep this going, will they be having a centenary and be stamping a commemorative gold coin to mark the occasion? Lest we forget?
There are some events in life that we need to commemorate in perpetuity because they serve as a lesson to humanity, and hopefully contribute to the progress of our future generations. They serve as a lesson, as well as a tribute to those that suffered. The Holocaust springs to mind as a convenient example or in footballing terms pethaps an avoidable tragedy like Heysel needs to be highlighted so people can learn from it.
This however was an accident that happened. It happened 60 years ago. It's a mere incident in the annals of football history.
It would have been devastating at the time and deserved the sympathy it got from the footballing world and the nation. It's not sad or relevant anymore.

City have got the tone right with a simple message of respect on the official web-site. It is a poignant day for united fans that were around in those days. Unfortunately the media always sensationalise these events and that is what irritates others.

I remember working in another country the week Princess Diana was killed and I just couldn't believe the hype and the fact all sporting fixtures were called off as I was detached to that media frenzy

I can appreciate others not feeling the bond of sorrow those from that club have but in spite of my intense dislike of them I still wish them respect for their loss all those years ago.

Rest In Peace to all who died at Munich, including fine Manchester journalists and footballers who would have won the World Cup for England in 1958. Nothing that has been said about it since that day diminishes its sadness.

Including our own legand Frank Swift .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.