POTY 17/18

Pep has revolutionized the premier league. All the pundits were saying his football won’t work here yet he’s taking the title by storm. Kdb has been a catalyst for that revolution and some of the performances he has put in have been mesmerizing.
Therefore:
Salah POTY
Dyche MOTY

Oddly, MOTY, doesn't necessarily go to the most successful manager.
In 13/14, Pullis won PL MOTY for Palace finishing 11th, and the LMA version was awarded to Rogers for guiding a no European games Liverpool to runners up.
However, Pellegrini, managing City to a league and league cup double, also taking us deep in CL, was awarded the 'bumps' by his triumphant squad at the end of the season.
Maybe it was because really, he's an engineer!
So, this year the PL award will probably go to Palace's Hodgson, and the LMA to someone like Dyche, whilst Pep sweeps all before him in a style, the world envies[/QUOTE]

Pep has revolutionized the premier league. All the pundits were saying his football won’t work here yet he’s taking the title by storm. Kdb has been a catalyst for that revolution and some of the performances he has put in have been mesmerizing.
Therefore:
Salah POTY
Dyche MOTY

If we win in the style we have demonstrated, then he'll certainly have broken the mould, but I think it's a tad premature to say that his football has revolutionized the league. The culture in England is so ingrained and prejudiced that it will take successive years of such domination, and other teams evidently switching to possession football, before that claim can be made.

Alas, I agree with your predictions. After all, who wouldn't want to reward the most English of English managers? :-)

Based on his importance in arguably the greatest team to ever grace top flight English football, it's Silva for me, with KDB a close second.

If you're the best player in the best ever team, giving it to anybody from any other team would be a joke.
I know what you are saying mate but the counter argument would be that you could say Salah & Kane are doing better as they dont have such a great supporting act as Merlin or Kev do

I know what you are saying mate but the counter argument would be that you could say Salah & Kane are doing better as they dont have such a great supporting act as Merlin or Kev do

Then it should have gone to Jermain Defoe in previous years.

Kane and Salah are good in their own micro areas; KDB influences games globally, every time.

Oddly, MOTY, doesn't necessarily go to the most successful manager.
In 13/14, Pullis won PL MOTY for Palace finishing 11th, and the LMA version was awarded to Rogers for guiding a no European games Liverpool to runners up.
However, Pellegrini, managing City to a league and league cup double, also taking us deep in CL, was awarded the 'bumps' by his triumphant squad at the end of the season.
Maybe it was because really, he's an engineer!
So, this year the PL award will probably go to Palace's Hodgson, and the LMA to someone like Dyche, whilst Pep sweeps all before him in a style, the world envies
[/QUOTE]

are you sure? Pardew with Newcastle springs to mind and it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.